Chapter 14- Lake side

Helooooo!

It has been a long week and it will hopefully be an even longer summer!!

Anyway here is the next chapter!

Que disfrutes!

______________________________________________________________-

They walk back to camp in silence. Marko kept a tight hold of her hand. It scared her how pale he looked, covered in blood, too weak to stand on his own two feet.  It broke her heart to see him like this.

How could I have run away from him? She asked herself. He needed me and I ran away, like it was truly going to matterShe looked at him; his dark hair was wet with sweat making it cling to his pale face. This man would follow me to the ends of the world, no matter what. What am I willing to do for him?  Hell I would bleed for the man a thousa-

"Kara, are you okay? You’re crying" Kendra said coming to her side. Tears had been such a constant thing lately that she didn't notice them anymore. She swept them away from her eyes.

Kendra put a soothing hand on her back and smiled softly at Kara. "He will be fine. Marko is the strongest man I know; he simply needs rest... and you by his side."

Kara nodded trying to seem calm. They arrived at a small lake that was hidden by the large reread and the dark sky. Across the lake she saw light coming from a large wooden lake house. There were soldiers rushing around setting up the camp. As they made their way to the house Kara could feel everyone’s eyes on her.

Marko squeezed her hand drawing her attention to him. Pay them no heed.

Are they afraid of me? She asked him.

"They should be more afraid of what I will do if they do not stop staring." he said in a dangerously low tone, everyone heard it, not just his threat but the power behind it.

The soldiers quickly averted their eyes setting their interest on their different tasks.

Kara looked at him seeing a flash of pale blue cross his stardust eyes. He turned his head in time to see Yenive practically sprint towards him. She was about to hug him but halted as she took in his condition. Her young face flashed from shock to worry to anger and back to serious in less than a blink.

"Get him inside the house; we need to get him cleaned up." Yenive said directing the men inside the large structure. Marko let go of Kara's hand as they entered the threshold to the large room of the lake house, but his eyes never left her.

The space inside was crowded with injured soldiers lying on makeshift beds on the wooden floor. The fire place was roaring with light giving the room a warm candle lit glow.

"Set him over here." Yenive said guiding them to a large bed. Apparently no one had dared use it knowing that it was his. They set him down with his back to the ceiling.

"I'll get water and some clean rags." Kendra said stepping away from the group.

Kara sat beside him looking at his blood drenched shirt. She clenched her hands on the fabric of her gown.

"He will be fine Kara. Stay with him and get him to feed more." Yenive said sounding completely calm.

"How can you be so clam?” Kara asked Yenive.

"That's what I have been thought to do..." she looked at his brother who was breathing heavily into the pillow” But he is also the cause of that."