Chapter 15- Water

Hellooooo!

It's FINALLY posted!

You know I thought summer was meant to be spent sitting down, chilling in my backyard as I type my fingers away. But nooooo! I don't get to spend my time like that. :( ... I get to go to remote beaches, and visit museums, and all that other summer-stuff I ussually do this time of year. 

Who am I kidding? I had fun! But I would have loved to have more time to write.

I hope (note the word 'hope') to have the next chapter up in two weeks. 

Anyway sorry for my short rant. Have a great summer and enjoy your reading!!

___________________________________________________

Kara woke to the sound of light breathing behind her. She didn’t have to turn to know it was Marko but she still did, she wanted to see his face. She chuckled when she saw how dirty he was. He had smudges of dirt on his cheek and neck and leafs on his hair to complement his wild look.

She heard someone yawning in the distance and turned her head up to see that some of the soldiers were waking. Some were shuffling their feet as they made their way to grab breakfast and some were barely opening their eyes.

Her stomach growled telling her to eat, but it was the thirst that was driving her mad. She hated the dry feeling her mouth acquired in the mornings, that’s why she found it best to sleep with a glass of water next to her. Too bad she had not thought of that yesterday.

To her luck and slight disappointment Marko didn’t have his arm around her. Luck because she was able to slip out of the sheets without waking him. But disappointed because the man was shirtless and heavens knows that’s a sight for sinful thoughts. Kara looked at him for a moment, not caring at all if she looked like she was ogling at him. That was his fault for being so pleasing to the eyes. She quietly circled around him to get a good look at his back, and smiled when the only thing there was a thin, irritated pink jagged line. His wound had healed completely.

Having done all the viewing of him that was socially acceptable in non-conventional situation, she headed to the wagon to grab something to eat and some water. She was nearing the wagon when a random soldier tripped and dropped his plate of food. But the plate never reached the floor because Kara had stopped it with her magic. It happened so fast that Kara had no idea how in the world she did it. Her reflexes had never been THAT good.

The plate was hovering in the air and the soldier was looking from it to her with a shocked expression. The tall man blinked, swallowed and took a few steps towards his food until he was able to reach it. As soon as the man touched the plate her magic dropped.

She smiled and the man returned the gesture whispering his thanks. She had expected her magic to be more troublesome than before but apparently it was going to behave today. Kara closed her mouth when she realized that she was smiling like an idiot and people were observing her every move.

Walking through the camp always gave her a strange sensation. As if they were always judging her capabilities, her evident weaknesses and character. Sometimes she could sense fear, or like Tark had once said “an overabundance of wariness”, like they were expecting her to have an episode like the one in the cave. Frankly so was she. Yet at other times she felt admired, protected and all around welcomed. Right now it was one of those “welcomed” moments.

Kara grabbed two plates of oatmeal and two wooden cups of water, and made her way back to Marko. It was awkward to carry it all but she could manage. She set it all down trying to be quiet, but it’s kind of hard to do that and not let anything fall. Even with all the noise she made and the shuffling of the waking camp, Marko was as asleep as she had left him.