Chapter 18- Looking Back

As promised here is a new chapter!!

And its a LONG one. =D

______________________________________________________

The wind whipped past her as she descended a hundred feet from the balcony. She wanted to scream in excitement but that would probably draw unwanted attention.  As she fell her velocity slowed down. Kara focused on her decent smiling at the thought of flying.  But this was far from that. She was simply creating a wall under her that was becoming thinner and thinner allowing her to lower to the ground. No flying.

She finally touched the ground and almost fell as her legs woke into function. She found her feet, looked around, then leapt into the air with a small victory cry. She got out of the castle and she did it with style. She leapt out a balcony, didn't die and managed to not get caught... yet. And again, no one saw that.

Felling the itch of her lingering magic Kara ran to the center of the garden where trees towered giving shade to those below. She stood in the center of the space and cleared her mind. She didn't want to think of anything or anyone, she just wanted to enjoy this moment of freedom. Not that she felt trapped in the castle, it’s just that being inside for too long takes a toll on your eyes.

She took a deep breath and let her breath out along with her magic. The power glided over the ground touching fallen leaves like a soft kiss. With her hands she directed the magic into the leaves.

As she moved and turned the leaves would swirl around her. Her hands would tell them to do circles in the air and dances in the ground as she did her own. Her dance became more passionate as her power continued to manifest.

After ten minutes of dancing with the leaves Kara was beginning to tire. She moved the leaves around her at a great speed so that they moved the wind and freshened her skin.

Kara dropped her magic when she heard someone clap their hands excitedly saying “that was extraordinary, your magic is simply beautiful.”

Coming out of the rose arch was a woman. She had raven black hair that was expertly arranged into an intecrate braid. Her skin was a few shades lighter than Marko's and her own giving her a ethereal soft perplexion that was counter by her sharp brown eyes. she wore a light blue dress that exalted her long elegant figure.

The woman slowly approached Kara looking her up and down like one would a painting on a wall.

“My name is Cestra and you must be the one causing my husband restless sleep. Kara. You are my son’s mate, right?”

This is his mother? Kara asked herself, panic quickly rising to her mind.

Kara nodded not sure how to present herself to the woman, making one of the parents mad was okay but she didn’t want to make enemies with both of them.

The woman cocked her head and smiled at Kara. “You can speak girl. I don’t mind my husband having restless nights” she surged her shoulders “serves him right for being so mean sometimes. And plus he likes to sing to me when he can’t sleep.”

Kara spoke timidly “well I am glad that you don’t mind it. Though I assure you my magic has nothing to do with that."

"I know." she nodded "he also never sleeps well when I'm gone." Cestra walked over to a bench and motioned for her to follow. "so tell me, Kara what are you doing down here?  I hear he was keeping you inside for a while."

"I got bored." Kara said surging her shoulders. "I'm not used to staying inside for so long. so I escaped through a balcony when Kendra looked away."