(HAIKYUU) Tanaka x Reader

Tanaka POV

You are so amazing. Your smile is so bright and your eyes shine when you are happy. Your laugh is a melody of music I could listen to for eternity. You are so smart, so caring, and so perfect. Everything about you is beautiful inside and out. So seeing you cry, the girl of my dreams sobbing, because of an asshole that doesn't know how to keep his promise brakes my heart. This ex relationship being a constant memory and you weren't able to move on.  You don't deserve this, what you needs is someone that will love you and care for you as much as you love and care for them, that is everything to you. I want to be that person, but you don't need that right now, you need me to be the only man you can rely on, even if this is a one sided love. No one ever thinks the bald one has any feelings, but I care, I really do. At least you know that, but what you don't know is that I love you, I love you so fucking much I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I hurt you in any way. I love you so much I would gladly suffer to make you happy, a world without me is nothing compared to a world without you. Should I tell you what I have been feeling, probably, but I can't, I know you don't see me this way. Maybe I should though, get it off my chest, make you blush, and stutter. But then you would feel obligated to like me back, I don't want that, you need to love without any regrets, and I don't want to be one you look back on and say I was, a regret.

You grip on to me tighter and I hold onto you like I always wished I could, embracing you in my arms. 

"Tanaka" you wisper into my chest, crying taking a toll on your heart and body. 

"You are the only guy I can trust now" I agree, I am, guys are stupid but at least I see your worth, you are priceless. 

"I think I love you" you continue, but my heart does not, you love me? 

This isn't happening. I stop breathing as you wait for my answer.

 "I...love you too, but more than words can explain" 

I put my face in your hair, you smell like shampoo, most likely because of the bath I had prepared because I could hear you crying in the car. You look up at me and I start to cry.

 "Do you really mean it" I whisper, please tell me you do, tell me again how you feel about me.

 " I love you Tanaka, I don't know why I didn't see it before, you are the only person that has ever truly understood me, and I don't want to let this chance slip by, I mean what is not to like" she smiles as her small fingers wipe across my tear stained cheeks. 

"Haha I could say the same for you, you don't know how long I have waited for this moment, not knowing if it would ever happen".

 I kiss your forehead, slowly, my lips lingering, I then move to your temples kissing both sides of your head, your eyes close from the feeling so I kiss your eyelids next, my lips then travel to your cheeks but I don't know if your lips are off limits so I don't push my luck. You look up at me and when your eyes flicker to my lips then back I know it's okay. I slowly lean in, I know you are nervous because you don't kiss people often. My lips inching closer to you but you doing the same and inching closer to me. I close my eyes, our lips meet and I can't contain my happiness. The girl I love, I am kissing her, your lips are softer than I could have ever imagined, you taste sweet I think as I move my hand up to cup your face and your smaller hands do the same. I can feel your warmth from the contact. As we pull apart you continue to kiss my face, similar to what I did to you.

 "I want you to be my girlfriend" I blurt out, taking this opportunity, you blush and smile while nodding 

"Yes Tanaka, of course"