Dear Agony

Title Credit: Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin

It's 8:02am. That means that I have to go to group therapy.

Gloria says that I don't have to talk, but I just want to get it over with. I might as well tell them all the embarrassing problems I'm having with my wife.

"So, we have a new guest with us today," Martin, the therapist says, "Vic, would you like to say anything?" "My name is Vic," I reply, "and I'm a flaming homosexual."

"Wow, we've never had someone this open before," Martin says, "I guess that means we'll hear good conversation out of you." I sigh; this is just what I needed: high expectations. I'll just destroy them and disappoint him.

"So, how's everyone's week been?" Martin asks. "I've been having cellphone withdrawal symptoms," a boy with black hair says. "Now CC, going offline has helped you, has it not?" Martin asks.

"It's helped. Some," the boy addressed as CC replies.

"Anything else?" Martin asks. Everyone is silent. Martin smiles awkwardly, "Vic, do you have anything else to say?" He asks.

"Well, I'm in here for cutting," I reply, "all I want to do is cut. It's been hard to get away from it. Although, I want to stop. I made a promise to my brother."

"Does anyone have any suggestions for Vic? Any at all?" Martin asks. I don't focus on any answers. I just focus on a paperclip on some of the papers he's holding. What if the shiny, metal object were to me straightened out and dragged across one's skin? Would it be similar to a razor blade?

‘No Vic, no! Do not think about it! Calm down! Think of your song... Think of Kellin's voice... Just— Martin, put that paperclip away! Put the damn thing away!’

To my luck, Martin notices me staring at the paperclip. He takes it off of the papers and puts it in his pocket. He then sets the papers down before standing up.

"Again, any suggestions for Vic?" He asks. "He could write or draw on himself," one boy suggests. "Very good, Jeremy. Any more suggestions?" Martin asks.

"Maybe read something cheerful when he wants to cut," another guy suggests. "I've tried that, but it doesn't help," I reply, "sorry." "Eh, it's fine," he replies and then does a kawaii smile. I have a feeling that I'll be friends with him.

After about ten more minutes of therapy, it's over. Now, it's time for arts and crafts. I follow the group to the room. A few young men and women stand in front to supervise us.

I sit at the table farthest away from them. Kellin, a boy with spiky, brown and blonde hair, and kawaii smile boy join me. I never expected people to join me voluntarily.

"I'm Tony," Kawaii smile boy says. "And I'm Jaime," spiky, brown and blonde hair boy adds. "And I'm Kellin!" Kellin concludes.

"I know that," I reply, "I'm not stupid." Kellin smirks and shrugs. I wonder why he's still here. He seems fine now. I guess he's disrespected the staff a lot or told too many jokes.

I begin sketching a faceless man. That's exactly how I feel: faceless. Empty. Numb. Hurt. Screwed over. You name it.

"That's interesting," a person says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Jesus Christ!" I yell as I jump. Kellin, Tony and Jaime begin stifling laughter. "Sorry I scared you," the person, who is a woman, says, "I was just curious about your art."

"Uh, just vent art," I reply. "What emotion are you venting?" The woman asks. Is everyone here a therapist? "Uh, emptiness, hurt, numb and screwed over," I reply, "nothing big."

"Would you like to talk to a therapist?" She asks. "No thanks," I reply. She nods and walks off. That bitch better not report me to anyone.

"I wish I could draw like you," Tony says. "Really?" I ask. "Of course!" He replies, "you're amazing! All I can draw is turtles." "Show me," I reply.

He then draws a cartoon style turtle. "Nice," I reply. "You're just saying that," he says. "Bitch! You're amazing! Get it through your head!" Jaime yells. "Jaime! Not so loud. You know you could get in trouble," Kellin says.

"Oh, yeah," Jaime replies. Soon, we all begin drawing in silence. Silence is my main enemy. It makes me think of darker things.

I look at my pink eraser. I could rub it on my skin so fast that a blistery liquid will run down to my elbow. I would have to hide it, though.

‘Vic, don't. You want to escape this. You're not in that stupid club anymore. You're leaving it all behind.’

If only that were so easy...

_______________________________________________________________
Sorry for all of the triggering content! I did give a warning in the description and first chapter. Anyways, what do you all think so far? I adore feedback!