Say Goodbye

Title Credit: Say Goodbye by Skillet

Free/yard time is soon over. We head in for lunch. Kellin, Tony, Jaime, and I walk back into the building like a pack of wolves. We stay close together.

"It's nice to see you socializing," a familiar voice says. I look behind me and see Gloria. I haven't seen her in awhile.

"I guess," I reply. "I'd like to speak to you later," she says. I nod and continue on to the cafeteria with my clique.

"What did Mrs. Bitch need you for?" Kellin asks. "She must speak to me later," I reply, "I don't know why." "I do," Tony replies.

"Why?" I ask. "Kellin is being released soon. I heard some staff talking about it. Jaime and I will be released, too. All thanks to you," Tony replies.

"Me?" I ask, "why am I so special?" "Well, your idea of a band gave us a reason to get better. Now, once we get out of here, we can help other teens know that they have a reason to live!" Tony replies. "What he said," Jaime adds.

"Holy shit, that means I'll get out of here! After a year!" Kellin says happily, "thank you, Vic, thank you."

"Don't thank me," I say, "I didn't actually save you. I just made you realize that you need to heal."

He shrugs as we walk into the cafeteria. "I see that as being saved," he says.

We're all served macaroni-and-cheese, chicken, green peas, and milk. I gladly accept the food. Maybe this will be better than the school's version of this meal.

"So, Vic, what do you think you'll name the band when it's formed?" Jaime asks as I sit down. "Maybe something like Break the Mold," I reply.

"That doesn't sound good enough," Tony says, "what about Pierce the...the.." "The Gays," Kellin adds sarcastically, "no, I got it. Black Veil Brides." "That's already a band," I tell him, "Andy formed it." "Oh. That's where I heard it!" Kellin says.

"I got it!" Jaime says as he dramatically slams his hand down on the table, "Pierce. The. Veil."

"How'd you come up with that?" I ask. "All of your suggestions. I took 'the' out of 'Break the Mold,' 'Pierce' out of 'Pierce the Gays,' and 'Veil,' out of 'Black Veil Brides,'" Jaime explains. "Nice!" I say, "you should come up with song titles. Read this!" I give Jaime the lyrics I wrote. The ones I sang earlier.

"King for a Day," he replies, "give me something harder!" "I will once I come up with more songs," I say, "let's finish lunch. I'll talk to Gloria, and we can talk more." They nod. We fall silent as we begin eating.

I finish first. I actually want to talk to Gloria for once. I just want to see if Kellin is actually leaving.

"Bye!" Tony and Kellin call after me as I run out of the lunch room. I wave at them.

....

"You needed me?" I ask Gloria as I arrive outside of her office. "Yes. Sit down," she says. I take a seat in front of her.

"You, Tony, Jaime, and Kellin are close. Especially you and Kellin," she says. "Yeah," I reply, "we're best friends!"

"And you and Kellin are even more," she says. I forgot that she knows some things. "You two really need to dial your displays of affection down. Otherwise, we'll have to move one of you to a different wing of this hospital or worse, transport one of you to a different hospital," she explains.

"You can't do that!" I exclaim. "I can and I will. You're lucky you two are still together here," she replies, "anyways, you're recovering quickly. You will be able to leave within the next two days. So will your friends."

"That's good," I say. I'm still angry at her for threatening to separate Kellic. She can't do that! It's not right!

"Do you need me anymore?" I ask. "No," she replies, "have a good rest of the day. Be ready to call your parents tonight." "Yes ma'am," I reply as I exit.

I really hope Kellin and I can stop 'displaying affection' so much. I really need him around.

_______________________________________________________________________
I really hope this is good! I like writing this now that I've focused it more on getting better. That's what we all need to focus on: getting better.

~Danny