If I Just Let Go, I'd Be Set Free

Title Credit: Heavy by Linkin Park feat. Kiiara

Minutes later, it's time for art and crafts. I only have about 48 hours left of this place. I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave Kellin. I don't want to leave my new friends. I don't want to leave the Healing Hearts Club. (The new Broken Glass Club.)

Tony, Kellin, Jaime, and I sit at a table. "Something wrong?" Jaime asks me as I sit down. "Yeah," I reply, "I just realized that I'll be leaving all of you soon. I don't want to. I'll miss you too much."

"Well, look on the bright side. Now all of us have reasons to get better. Tony and I could get out soon after you. We just have to show signs of healing," Jaime explains and Tony nods. "We've been here awhile and it has been helping. One day, I was so close to getting out, but there were signs I was showing that the doctor's couldn't ignore," Tony adds.

"What signs?" I ask. "I don't want to talk about it," Tony replies. He looks kind of scared and sad now. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to bring back any bad memories," I tell him. "It's okay. I just need to learn to live with it. You've got to hurt a little before you heal, y'know?" Tony says.

The realization hits me like a bus. When I got a therapist in ninth grade, when I first started feeling depressed, I talked to him every Wednesday. We talked about anything except depression and my parents' divorce. But one day when he wanted to talk about it, I asked to stop seeing him.

I didn't let the healing begin.

That's why I'm here...

I have to learn...

I have to learn that I have to hurt a little before I heal.

And, I've been hurt.

I've asked myself, ‘Why is everything so heavy?’

I've wanted to die.

I've kept it all inside.

But now I'm talking to people.

I've let myself break out of my shell.

I've talked about things that made me hurt.

I am pushing through the pain and thinking about healing.

I am going to get better.

All because of Kellin. Kellin Quinn Bostwick.
_______________________________________________________________
Vic is healing! I encourage all of you reading to do the same. If you are hurting. It will get better. I swear. I've been through it all, and I'm still here. I'm okay. I'm stable now. And, it will hurt before you heal but push through that pain. Someone out there loves you and wants you to stay alive. Stay strong, loves.

~Danny <3