Not Broken Yet

Title Credit: Not Broken Yet by Juliet Simms feat. Andy Biersack

Soon, Gloria comes to the door and watches us get ready for bed. I'm thankful that she didn't walk in on me and Kellin. If she did, she would have no choice but to move us to different rooms.

In this facility, seeing is believing. So, just because I say I like a patient in a romantic way, it doesn't mean she has to report it. It would only need to be reported if she saw us kissing.

"I'm done," I tell Gloria. She tells me goodnight and walks out. I say a silent, "Hallelujah." Then, I walk over to my bed and lay down.

I'm not even laying down for ten minutes before Kellin is at my side. "May I sleep here?" He asks, "with you?" "Fine," I reply, "but if someone comes in, hide as well as you can."

"Okay," Kellin says. I scoot over in the bed and Kellin gets in beside me. He wraps his arms around my waist. It feels a little awkward at first since no one has done this to me before. Although, I eventually get used to it.

Kellin gently kisses the back of my neck, "Good night, Vic."

"Night, Kellin."

"I love you."

My eyes widen once he says this. I've never, ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend to say that to me before. "I-I, love you too..." He giggles at my nervousness.

Within minutes, he's asleep. I relax in his arms and close my eyes. Hopefully my dreams won't be as bad tonight.

....
-Triggering Content Ahead-

"Vic! Open up!"

'Just one more cut, just one more cut...'

I trace the sharp metal on my forearm again. I know Mike wants in, but he'll just have to wait. Like I always have to.

Unfortunately, Mike gets the door open. I freeze as he looks at me. Although, he doesn't seem to notice that I'm cutting. 'What the hell, Mike?'

"Vic, why wouldn't you let me in?" He asks. He doesn't notice that I'm harming myself? "B-Because, I'm cutting... Can't you see?"

He looks confused. What does this mean? Does that mean he's forgotten about my self harming? Did he not believe that I got shipped away for self harm?

"Vic, Vic? Vic!" Mike yells, "are you okay?"

-Trigger Over-

....

I finally force my eyes open. I'm panting and sweating again. Why do I keep having these nightmares?

"Vic, are you okay?" Kellin asks softly. "No," I say, feeling tears burn my eyes. Kellin pulls me closer to him. I bury my face in his chest. I let myself cry.

He holds me, gently running his fingers through my hair. "Don't worry, Vic. It was just a dream. You're awake now. It's okay now. You're in a safe place now," he whispers, "wanna talk about your dream?"

I pull away from him and bite my lip. "I-I was... Cutting again. But no one noticed."

"Maybe that means no one knows how much pain you're going through," he says, "but, I do. I've been there too."

"You're lying."

"I'm not," he says, "see?" He pulls his boxers up a little so I can see his thighs. Even with little light, I can see the cuts. "I've been in your pain before. I know what's it like to have parents who don't believe you when you say you don't want to see your sixteenth birthday," he explains, "but, I found an alternative."

He gets out of the bed and runs over to our shared bedside table. He gets something out of it and comes back to me. "Put this rubber band on your wrist. Every time you feel like cutting, snap it against your skin," he explains. "There's another thing to do, but I'll show you once we have more light."

"Okay," I reply, "thanks." "You're welcome, Vic," he says. He then pecks my lips before cuddling up to my side.

I wish I had him a long time ago. He would've helped me before it got to this. Unlike everyone else that knew of my cutting. He... he actually cares.

_______________________________________________________________
I kind of based this chapter off a real life experience. I had a dream about cutting myself. It was awful. I hated it.