Sick Boy Soldier

Title Credit: Sick Boy Soldier by Palaye Royale

After a few more minutes of therapy, we're released for the day. I follow CC towards his hallway. When I get there, all of the rooms are empty. "They'll be here soon," he says, "we always get here earlier than them."

I stand beside his bed awkwardly. Well, until he forces me to sit down. "Got any crushes?" He asks. "What am I, five?" I reply.

"Answer!"

"Fine, Kellin. You know, that sassy kid that the adults hate?"

"Wait, an adult can hate a kid? Isn't that like, illegal?"

"CC! That's besides the point!" I exclaim and he jumps back. "Sorry," he says, "it's just that Schizophrenia makes it kind of hard to focus on one thing. I can't think, feel or hear clearly."

His brown eyes make him look so innocent and adorable. "It's okay," I say softly, "just relax with me, okay?" He nods and seems to relax a little more.

Then, I see two guys walk past the door. One, I recognise as Andy. Although, his hair isn't black anymore; it's blonde. Did they make him take the dye out of his hair here?

"That's Andy and Ashley," CC says. Jeremy looks at us and simply blinks. "Uh, why is he here?" I ask. CC looks at Jeremy and he nods. "Well, he showed suicidal and homicidal thoughts. He accidentally let his parents know and they brought him here. Ever since he arrived, he's been a selective mute," CC explains.

"But he talked in therapy once," I say. "Because I encouraged him to. He was very panicky afterwards," CC says, "hasn't said a word since."

"Hello, fuckers," I hear someone say as they walk into the room. "Ashley! What's up, buddy?" CC replies. "Nothin'," the boy addressed as "Ashley" replies, "you?"

"I've been good. Is Andy coming?" CC asks. "Yeah, just a minute," Ashley replies, "he's been kind of jumpy all day long. I haven't been able to get him to talk much."

‘He better not go mute on me!’

Then, Andy walks through the door. He's still as pale and thin as ever. "Hey Andy," I say. "Vic?" He asks. "It's me. From The Broken Glass Club. Are you here for the same reason I am?" I ask.

"Yeah," he replies, "ever since you were caught, the school has been on high alert. They sent emails to all of the parents to watch out for symptoms of self harm. I didn't know till I heard some people talking about it while they were questioning me and getting me ready for transfer."

"We shouldn't have started that stupid club. Now look at us," I say, "monitored 24/7 and thought to be suicidal. Gerard's in this mess with us." "Really?" Andy asks, "we need to meet up with him again."

"Now that we're being cleaned up," I add.

"Are you two excited for your one phone call this afternoon?" Ashley asks. "Kinda," I reply, "I can't wait to hear my mother's voice again. Maybe it will bring me some sanity."

"I'm sure," CC says, "it helped me when I first got here. But, here's a tip: do not beg to go home. That will get you in here even longer."

"Gotcha," I say, "I might wanna get going. Andy, it was good seeing you again." "Back at 'ya," Andy smiles. I haven't seen a smile like that in awhile.

I exit their room and walk down to my hallway. When I arrive to my room, I see Kellin staring at the ceiling again. "Hey," I say and go over to my bed. "Hey," he replies, "I've already had my phone call. You can go on ahead."

I get back up from the bed and walk out the door. I walk down the hallway to a private room for phone calls. I see Gloria in there to monitor everything. I guess we must be watched during everything.

I just hope I don't screw my first phone call up.

_______________________________________________________________
Do you guys think Andy, Gerard, and Vic will heal together? Do you think Kellin will help them anymore? Tell me what you think below! Thank you and bye!