Broken Glass Club

After we finish arts and crafts, we get to have free time. I know Kellin will want me to sing. Although, I'll have to tell him to wait. I need some time to think.

"So, Vic," Kellin says when we make it out to the yard. "No yet, Kells. I need some time to think," I say. "Okay," he replies, "just know that I'm here for you. You are my room mate, after all."

I feel a warm, fuzzy feeling when he says he's here for me. He actually cares. I feel so important and wanted!

Although, my thoughts go back to The Broken Glass Club. We were a club of cutters. Mike, Gerard, Andy and I. We would show off our cuts and/or burns. Eventually, Mike left. We weren't happy.

If only they didn't show their scars off at school while I was around. If only they didn't make self mutilation seem so blissful. If only I hadn't fallen into their trap.

They told me about cutting while their parents were at the store. And burn themselves with ice and salt. As I said, they made it all seem so blissful. I really wish I pulled myself out of it before Mike joined.

I guess I've learned.

I just wonder if Andy and Gerard still cut. Maybe they are here too. I mean, Gerard did disappear from school a week before I did. And, I know he didn't kill himself. He told me that he would continue to live for Mikey's sake.

"Done thinking yet?" Kellin asks me as he hangs upside down in a tree. "Yeah," I reply, "and, can't you get in trouble for that?" "Trouble? I could care less about it," Kellin replies, "I get in trouble here every five seconds."

"I really wish I had your carelessness," I say. "You could. One day," he says, joining me on the ground. "Just gotta give one less fuck each day."

"And I thought you said cussing could get you into trouble here," I say, smiling. "Well, I don't care about it. I gave that fuck away," he says, "try it some time." By now, he's leaning on me. This fucker really likes me and he obviously doesn't want to hide it.

"Now sing, damn it!" He yells. "Fine," I reply and get up quickly so he'll fall to the ground.

I make sure he's the only one that is close to us. Then, I begin. "I kissed the scars on her skin. I still think you're beautiful, and I don't ever wanna loose my best friend. I screamed out: "God, you vulture! Bring her back or take me with her!" And, that's all I got."

"It's good, so far," Kellin says, "sounds like a pure vent song. I like it." "Thanks," I reply, "I thought you'd hate it." "It takes a lot for me to hate music," he replies.

Soon, a stranger woman comes out to the yard and yells for us to come in. I sigh and follow everyone else inside. "Ya know, I heard you singing," Tony says, "you're pretty good. Maybe I can help you write the rest of the song later."

"What? Uh, thanks? And, maybe. Just depends,'" I say. "Well, you know where I am," Tony says.

Next, we're off to lunch. I'm sure this will be awkward, silent and disgusting. Just like the last two classes.

At this point, I can't say that I hate it here but it's not really heavenly either. It's like that least favorite aunt's house you have to stay at. You like it but at the same time, you absolutely hate it or you just can't wait to get out.

"Ready for a disgusting lunch?" Jaime asks. "Kinda," I reply. "Don't worry, Vikturd. Everything will be fine. Lunch isn't that disgusting," Kellin assures me.

"Vikturd?" I ask. "Yeah. I have nicknames for all my friends. Like Tony is Turtle and Jaime is Hay-me," Kellin says.

This boy certainly is a freaking mystery.

_______________________________________________________________
I have a feeling that the chapters are slowly losing quality.