(Don't) Say Goodbye Tonight

Title Credit: Beautiful Pain by Andy Black

"I'm leaving tomorrow," I announce as I walk into mine and Kellin's room.

Kellin turns around quickly. "What? Really?"

"Yes! Really!" I reply excitedly, "our dreams are about to come true!" We both sit down on my bed.

"That's great," Kellin says with sadness in his voice.

"Kellin, we'll only be separated for a few days. You'll get out of here soon. Then, we'll meet up again and be happy," I assure him.

"But what will I do while you're not here?" He asks, "who will I talk to about my deepest, darkest secrets? Who will I hug? Who will I cuddle with at night?"

I frown and look at Kellin. He looks heartbroken. "Who will I love when you're not here?" He asks in a quiet voice.

I get up and go to my closet. I grab one of my necklaces. I go back to my bed. I put the necklace in Kellin's hand.

"Take this. You'll never forget me," I tell him, "I'll never forget you."

"Don't you ever forget about me," Kellin says.

"That's what I said," I reply.

"That's it! That's what I can title the song!" He exclaims. I give him a confused look.

He goes to his bed. He grabs a paper and brings it back with him to the bed. He hands it to me. I see lyrics written down on it. I quickly skim through it till I get to the chorus. That's when I really read.

'Don't you ever forget about me
When you toss and turn in your sleep
I hope it's because you can't stop thinking about
The reasons why you close your eyes
I haunt your dreams at night
So you can't stop thinking about me
Don't stop thinking about me.'

"I wrote it about you," Kellin says, "I was going to wait to give it to you tomorrow, but you reminded me. I knew that I had to show you now. Don't you ever forget about me, bitch."

"Don't worry, I won't. You're unforgettable."

....

"H-Here's your last shirt," Kellin says. I take the folded shirt and put it in my suitcase. I'm trying to hold back tears. I didn't think I'd ever hate leaving here. I've proved myself wrong.

"I'm gonna miss you," Kellin says. He's been crying all morning. He finally calmed down enough to talk.

"I'll miss you, too," I reply, "I love you. So much."

Kellin hugs me tightly. "I love you, too." He kisses the top of my head. I feel a few tears escape. Kellin wipes them away.

"I'll see you in my dreams," I tell him.

"I'll see you, too," Kellin smiles. We quickly kiss each other on the lips. Kellin hands me the song lyrics. On the back, he added his phone number. I'll need this later.

"I'll text you," I tell him.

"And I'll reply when I get out of here," he says.

"Ready to go?" Gloria asks. I turn around and see her standing in the doorway.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Come along," she says.

I hug Kellin one more time. I then exit the room. He follows close behind. We both suck at goodbyes.

I see Mike and my mom. They're smiling. I hug Kellin again. I don't want to leave him. He's my everything. He gave me enough reasons to heal. Now I have to leave him?

"Baby, I love you, but you have to go," he whispers, "it's your time."

"I don't want to," I whimper.

I feel someone grab me. I try to cling to Kellin. Although, whoever is grabbing me pulls me off of him. I try to fight my captor, but fail.

"Vic, Vic, calm down," Mike says. He holds my arms tightly. Kellin walks back towards his room. "I love you," I whisper. I feel so weak and helpless.

"The paperwork is filled out. He can go," Gloria says, "bye, sweetie."

"B-Bye," I reply shakily. I am sad, but I need to be kind to her. She could've separated Kellin and I. She didn't. She gave us another chance. She's the best.

I wave at her as Mom, Mike, and I walk out of the facility. Mike leads us to the car. He opens the trunk for me so I can put my suitcase in it. He closes it, too.

I get in the backseat. Mike gets in the passenger's seat. Mom gets in the driver's seat and cranks the car.

"You're going home!" Mike says excitedly.

"Good," I reply dully, "but I'll miss Kellin."

"The boy you were hugging..?" Mike asks.

"Yeah," I reply, "him. My everything." I look the window and see him waving. I wave back. I feel my lips twitch. Then, I smile. Kellin is smiling too. We'll meet once again.

"Your everything?" Mike asks.

"Don't question it," Mom says, "I'm glad you met someone that nice. You two seem to really love each other."

"We do," I reply, "and we can't wait to see each other again. We have big dreams. We plan to make them come true."

"Well, Vic, I'm sure you can do it," Mike says, "you were able to kick this demon's ass. You can conquer anything. You're invincible."

"In a way, I am. With help from Kellin, I refused to respond to the kiss. The kiss of broken glass."