Chapter 23

September 11th

Joe decided it would be best if I stayed home for a while so I can get better quicker.
I obviously didn't disagree with him because who let's up an opportunity to stay home and relax.

The only thing is that I haven't been relaxing at all.

Every second I have to run to the bathroom because I have to throw up. I can't hold anything down, and all I've been eating is soup.

And I continue to have these weird dizzy spells randomly. When those happen I usually just lay down as well as closing my eyes and that usually makes them go away for a while.

But I can say that it's not as bad as it was when I had my period.

For some reason my period and my stomach virus didn't see eye to eye and was basically beating each other's ass and my immune system was being a terrible referee.

But thankfully, my period ended yesterday so we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Yes my period only last 3 days. I'm blessed, I know.

Anyways, I've just been chilling in the living room, watching movies and playing on my phone.

Melo and Janae should be coming home any second but Janae is probably going to the Ball house to chill with the guys.

I hear the door unlock and Melo appears from behind the door.

"What's up beautiful, I got some of mama's homade magical soup that will guarantee to get you over any sickness." Melo says, dropping his bag and taking off his shoes by the door.

I giggle and watch him place the "magical" soup down on the coffee table.

"You didn't have to bother her Melo, but thank you." I say.

"I didn't bother her. Do you know how much she loves you babygirl? She was anything but bothered to cook for you. And plus, we need to get you better as quick as possible because I hate seeing you like this and I haven't gotten any lips in almost a week so you already know I'm going through withdrawls." He kissed the top of my forehead and handed me a spoon so I eat.

"Imma go take a shower, dad tried killing us at practice today and I feel like my bones are decaying."

I chuckled at his description and started eating my soup.

The moment the liquid touch my tongue, my mouth was filled with beautiful flavor and spices.
After the first spoon, I couldn't help myself.

I picked up the bowl and drunk it from the edge of the rim.

As fast as the bowl of soup was placed in front of me was how fast I ate it.
That shit was bomb.

In all honesty, I felt better already. I got a burst of energy came over me and I felt like a new person.

"Wooo!" I shouted as I stretched out my tight muscles.

"Jesus, someone is feeling better." Melo came downstairs shirtless while drying his hair with a white towel.

He looked edible as hell and the water dropping down his chest didn't make it any better.