Chapter 33

October 13th
omniscient

Kayla tied the jaw string to the sweatpants LaMelo gave her and checked the see if anything was on her face that she could quickly remove to look presentable. She rubbed her eyebrows down and smoothed out her shirt.
With that, she walked out the door.

Immediately she heard people downstairs laughing and introducing themselves. She became giddy since she hasn't seen her boys since she moved. She barely kept in contact with them after her mother passed.

Kayla quickly ran down the stairs, making eye contact with them. She squealed and ran straight into G's arms, wrapping her legs around his waist.
G laughed at the childish girl in his arms.

She jumped down and gave the other two a hug with the same amount of excitement.

"I missed y'all so damn much." Kayla said into Slim's chest.

"You the one that ghosted us." He responded, placing his arm around her shoulders.

"Why the hell you ain't tell us you fuck with SOB. Had us coming in here thinking we about to chill with some randoms." Zo asked from the couch with a Gatorade in his hand.

"You the dumbass for not realizing Davon is one of them. It took for three more niggas to show up for it to click." Kayla said back, walking to sit next to Melo.

The boys found a seat and basically introduced themselves.

Kayla looked over at Melo to see him staring at the television in front of him. Now it wouldn't be an issue if the t.v was actually on, but it wasn't.

She nudged his arm with her shoulder, gaining his attention.

"You good?" She asked him as he looked at her with low eyes.

"I'm high as hell." Was all he said, making Kayla throw her hand over her mouth to try not to laugh at him because once she start, she can't stop.

She gave him a quick kiss and got up to the kitchen.

What she did see what Slim, G, and T.O looking at Melo and, now, the back of her body as she walked away.

"Oh shit, I forgot to tell y'all. She with that yellow nigga right there. They grown as hell too." Devon said to his astonished friends.

"We not grown as hell. You just don't get pussy enough to be used to it." Kayla came back with a water bottle and plopped next to Melo again.

"You ain't have to do all that." G said, giggling as Devon glared at him.

"Are y'all niggas hungry?" Devon asked, to no one in particular.

A series of yeahs were echoed through the living room.

"Well shit, y'all should've said something witcho hungry asses. Y'all trying to go to the deli or get some food food."

Everyone agreed they wanted actual food and got up to get ready to find most likely a chicken spot or chinese.

"Me and Melo finna stay here, this nigga not in his right mind to be in public."