Chapter 29

"I wanna go back to Brooklyn." I announced.

"What?!" Melo screeched.

"Not like move back to Brooklyn, I just wanna visit my hometown." I explained.

"Oh, I thought you was tryna leave me or something." His tensed shoulders relaxed.

"Nah, I would've straight up told you I wanted to break up." The moment the words even formed out of my mouth, he turned around to look at me like I had six heads.

"Imma just act like I ain't hear what you said." He went back to twisting the pen between his fingers.

"Nah but deadass, i wanna see the scenery, even though it's not pretty, i just haven't been there in a while." I shrugged.

"How about we make a trip to go down there. The whole gang." He offered.

"Seriously?!" I asked and he nodded with a smile.

"Oh my god, I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed kisses around his whole face. He giggled and pushed my face away.

"You so gay." He said and I pulled away from his presence, with a stank face.

"Shut the hell up, you sound bout dumb as hell." I smacked his forehead but dodged the punch that he was gonna throw at me.

I sat back down in my seat and pulled out my phone.
"Hurry the hell up, you taking forever to do this damn essay." We been in this damn library for almost two hours.

Lavar made him go to the library, something about needing to not rely on the internet.

"I would've been done a long time ago if you helped me."

"Nigga, I told you that I wasn't helping you, I didn't even wanna do mine, what makes you think I wanna do yours?" I rolled my eyes.

"Stop fucking rolling your eyes at me before I embarrass yo little ass."

I looked up at him with a challenging look and he looked back, mimicking my face.

I looked back down at my phone and he mumbled some shit under his breath, which I was about to comment on but he needed to hurry up and i didn't want to interrupt him any further.

"I'm done." He slapped his pen down on the table, packing his stuff up. I remained silent and pushed my chair in, and waved bye to the librarian.

I texted Janae that we were on our way home and sat in the passenger seat of his car. He plugged his aux cord in and played some song that I heard him and Don play numerous of times.

He looked over at me once he got to a stop sign and snickered to himself.

"So you finna ignore me this whole ride mamas?" When he saw I wasn't gonna answer, he nodded his head and paid attention to the road.

He would occasionally recite the words to the songs that played on the way home but that was the only noise that was made in the car.

We got back to my place and I slammed the door close, purposely pissing him off.

Janae was already standing outside with Gelo and Don, talking about God knows what.