According to plan

Fear's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but laugh as I thought about that poor boy's face when he looked into the vision of the past. He looked as if he couldn't believe Father Winter would do something like that. As he was entranced with the vision, nightmares swirled around him, sinking into his body, and filling him with doubt.

Once the vision disappeared, Jack shook his head no. "There's no way Father Winter would do something like this. I've never seen him do anything like this before."

"Are you sure about that, Jack? Would you remember if he has?" I made him question. "Father Winter has close ties with Father Time. Together, they could make you forget about anything."

That made him stay silent as he thought about it carefully. I watched him, waiting for him to turn back to me.

"Father Winter wouldn't do anything like that to me. Why would he?"

I shrugged before saying, "there are so many reasons why Father Winter does the things he does. If you want to know for yourself, go ask him. After killing your parents, he owes you at least that much, don't you think? Now you know the truth about your parents death. What will you do?" As he stayed silent, thinking about his answer, I said, "feel free to come see me if you ever want to learn more about your past."

Taking a look at his chest, I could see that the nightmares were making it's way to his heart. The contact they have with him made the nightmares changed color from black to a frightening mix of black and blue. It was amazing to see how strong the boy's power made the nightmares that it made me feel glad to have picked such a great tool.

"Father Winter did this? Why would he? How could he?" Jack began to shake his head as if to clear his thoughts. "He wouldn't hurt a fly, but it was there. He killed them. I saw him do it."

Pretending to take pity on him, I placed my hands on his shoulders and said in a comforting tone, "I think you've learned enough for today. If you feel curious to learn the past, come see me again. Just remember, don't tell Father Winter that I'm the one who showed you. "

Jack obediently took off in the air, disappearing from sight as he rushed to get home. I chuckled a bit as I turned back to the shadows.

"Children. No matter how old Father Time makes him look, he's still just that bratty seven year old he was when he died." A devilish smile came across my face as I planned out the next encounter with the boy. "I have to admit I feel bad for the poor boy. Unable to remember anything from the time he was alive, it makes me wonder why Father Winter would allow that boy to feel so lost."

Sinking back into the shadows, I decided to pay a little visit to Father Time. That old man would never hold back information from me. Even if he does, it's amusing to watch the nightmares pull it out of him under my orders. I will steal away Jack's memories from his mortal life. Without him asking, I could tell he really wants to discover who he was.

"Thank you, Father Winter. You're playing that stupid boy right into my hands. I'll keep watch on him for the next opportunity."