Chapter 6

The whole day goes by fast because of my thoughts about my get-to-know date with Nash. We make it through a bunch of boring classes but finally get to theatre. Mr. Halbert had us sit in a circle in the middle of the classroom, waiting for instructions.

"We will be creating a weird story which all of you will add on to as we travel along the circle. Everyone can only say a sentence and wait for the next person to add. Have fun with it and make it as creative as possible. Random, but not too random. Ready?" We all nod. "Nathan, go first." He points at a curly haired kid that's 5 people away from me.

"Once upon a time, there was a banana and his girlfriend who ruled the city of fruits." He says, in a voice of an emperor. This class is probably going to be the best.

"Their dragon childrens were annoying them very much." Says another guy.

"But one day, the banana thought his girlfriend was very boring, so he dumped her." Olivia sarcastically states, rolling her eyes.

"The banana met a very ugly, girl, pizza, thinking it was love at first sight." Monica says, staring straight at the both of us.

Nash's turn.

"The gorgeous pizza fell in love with the banana right away, telling every single one of her monkey friends about how she felt. I smile, as everyone, including Nash, look over to me.

"The pizza had realized that she actually meant something to the banana, and realized that she was not worthless after all." I say, thinking of stupid this game is getting. My life story is spread into sentences for everyone to hear.

"But one day, a giant cookie eats the pizza, in which the banana isn't able to save her." Carter says, as everyone starts to laugh, including me.

Why is it always food?

"And then it ended happily ever after." Nash smiles, as he whispers these words into my ear. I give him a look. "You know I don't mean that." He puts his arms around my shoulder. It feels great, to have someone that.. Already.. Is meant for me? But it's also confusing. I didn't know love can arrive that quick..

...

I can't decide how to pick between these two. I'm holding a blue dress, that curves up towards the bottom. The top on the back is laced and the dress has a thin, attached belt to it. On my other hand, I'm holding a pink, flowy dress that reaches all the way down to a little below my knee. The problem is, I don't even know where we're going! I stand there, clueless, until I hear the door open.

"Great. You're in here." She says, rolling her eyes, as she lays her small backpack on her bed.

"Uh yeah." Is all I can say throughout my thoughts.

"What's with the dresses? Not that I care." She asks, looking at me suspiciously. I look over to the things she's putting in her drawer. It looks like a bunch of paper.

"Then why'd you ask?" I reply, careless.

"Jeez, no need to get mad." She puts something on her bed and hides it quick with her jacket. What is she-? "Let me guess, you're gonna go out with Nash aren't you?"

"How'd you-" I ask, but she cuts me off.

"Well I was there when he did, even though y'all didn't see me. The rest-" she keeps talking as if were friends, which is really weird about her. I don't listen for a while. When she is turned around, my curious hands remove the jacket and find something that I'd never expected someone like her to have:

A book.

Titled: Who I am

I have read this book before. It's about a girl in college who was always bullied because of who she truly was. She wasn't pretty, so she kept hanging with the populars for attention, changing who she really was within. She tried to commit suicide for who she was, but her best friend caught her and made sure she didn't. Later on, she met a guy who was willing to accept her for who she really was..