Chapter 29

"I'm soooo nervous." Olivia shrieks, as she is putting on her costume.

"Hey. Don't be. You will do amazing. I promise." I try to comfort her, as I zip her dress up. Since Monica is.. dead, Olivia was taking her character: My best friend in the play. I guess it's not the same as it used to be, but everyone has to leave the past behind someday.

"You ready?" Nash asks as he grabs my waist from behind.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smile. "Hey can you zip me up?"

"Yeah sure." He responds. As soon as his fingers make contact with my skin, goosebumps travel all over my body. He slowly zips me up.

"Grace." I hear Mr. Halbert call out. I turn around and find two men with him, holding a large brown box.

"Yes?" I ask.

One of the two men takes something unfamiliar out of the box. It's, it's.. A fake arm.

I forgot.. Mr. Halbert had told me that I was using a fake arm for the play.

Nash tightly grabs my hand as soon as he notices he fright in my eyes.

"I'll assure you that this won't hurt a bit." The other men tells me.

I nod and shut my eyes closed.

"Hey." Nash says, turning my face to his. "Look straight into my eyes."

I do, getting lost in them. All I feel them do is tighten the straps. When I look down at my half arm, which is now full, I gasp. It's feels strange.

"It looks fake when you look at it closely, but it's not noticeable from the audience." Mr. Halbert tells me.

I try to move it, try to grab Nash's hand with it, it works, but not as good as I thought it would work.

"Ten till curtain!" Mr. Halbert states.

"Thank you ten." The cast replies.

That ten minutes goes by so quick.

We all get to our spots behind the curtain, while Mr. Halbert announces the cast and crew. The audience roars with applauses when he calls my name out. Everyone deserves his kind of attention at least once in their life.

Right before the first sound cue goes up, Matthew, Carter, Shawn, Olivia and I hold hands.

"I love you guys so much." I whisper to them all. We all hug and wait for the curtain to open.

As soon as the first click of the curtain opens, I am starting into what looks like a herd of people. They are all staring back at me.

I have the first line. It's all me.

"Some people just have the craziest journey in heir lives. One of those "some people" is me."

One line down, a million to go.