Chapter 7

It's a good feeling to be best friends with someone who cares.

"Close your eyes." He says, and covers my eyes with his gentle hand, keeping the other attached to my hand. We run, getting closer to the sound of the waves crashing on shore. When we get right up against the sound, we both sit on a tough surface.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I curiously ask, trying to move his hand away from my eyes.

"Okay." He releases and the moment my eyelids go up, I find a view that I thought was ever possible in art. There is a quarter of the sun left, while the stars are making their way in. The neon blue ocean is covering up most of the area. We are sitting on a high rock, watching the sun set completely. Okay, maybe this is romantic.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asks me, I nod in amazement.

We both sit there, staring straight into the sun, as it slowly sets. And when it does, we wait for darkness to fill the sky, leaving only the bright stars peeking out of complete blackness,

That was one part, now here's my favorite. He grabs my hand again and once we get off the rocks, we run to the center of the field. I start laughing when he spins me around and lays me on the grass. He then lays down beside me. I put my head on his shoulder as we watch the stars.

"So, what I all I know about you so far is that your favorite color is now blue and your favorite animal is a monkey." He says, looking down at me. "Tell me a little about what you like to do."

"Okay, um, I love acting and dancing. I love music a lot." I start.

"Music is life bro." He says.

"Yeah." I say. "Oh and I LOVE books-" he coughs when I say the word. "What?" I ask.

"Books? Don't tell me you're that kind, Grace." He says.

"What kind?"

"The nerdish people. The ones who are always in books and homework."

"Well I don't know. That doesn't really sound like me." I roll my eyes.

"Good." He slides my hair behind my ear which makes me shiver. Why does he always make me shiver? Is it on purpose?

"Your turn." I says, turning over to look at him in the eyes.

"Okay. I love everything u said except the book part. And I love basketball."

"Me too! Sports is literally life."

"Yeah." He says.

I learn so much about him and his family that I never thought I would know in the next hour. It's gets darker and later as we head back to the car with his hand around my shoulders.

"We just met, and I already feel like I could tell you anything. It's weird."

"No, it's not ,cause I feel the same."

"Ok good, cause I thought I was going a bit crazy there." He smiles, opening the door for me and I get in.

"That's okay, I like crazy." I smile back and we head home.

I can already see that he will be the closest friend that I will ever have. I want it to stay like that though, I don't want to step over the line and make it awkward between us. He's all I've got, for now. And I'm happy for that.

...

Nash's POV

"Bye Nash!" Grace calls out, heading into the building. I don't know wether I should go in there to make sure she goes safely to her dorm room. Who knows, there might be many drunk guys running around in the middle of no where, looking for my best friend.

Best friend.

I've never met anyone like her, that's what makes her special. She's different from all the girls I ever went out with. I need to make my move before anyone else does, considering how beautiful she is. And her body is perfect. I can't stop thinking about her. It's weird, cause we just met.

The only thing that would make her even better is if I get her to feel comfortable around me.

I think I love her, even though I still don't know what that really is. She told me herself that I would know for sure when the time comes, and I think it has. I really do.

I know I love her.

When I get home, mom has made dinner for us. My dad, mom, and I eat and later get ready to sleep.

The moment I get in bed, I take a look at the picture that my sister had left before she.. Ya know. I do that every night, so she can look down from heaven and know for sure that I still care. And that I'm the only one that cares..

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep, Grace covering up all my thoughts.