Chpater 26

(Hey guys. For this chapter, I would really love for you to listen to a song that you love that always makes you cry. "I won't give up" and "SAY SOMETHING" is a great example. "Say something" is best recommended. Hope you enjoy!)

As soon as I walk in, the voices in my head get louder. What Robert had said keeps repeating over and and over. Before I know it, I am going through the cabinet in the kitchen, finding many different kinds of drugs and pills. The moment I hold them, I picture Grace's smile appearing after our first kiss. I finally figure out what I'm doing when I grab one of the knives from the shelf. When the cold metal touches my wet hand, I remember the feelings that Grace had got every time we made contact. I take my phone with me. I remember taking her to the dance. I remember the relationship we had with monkeys. I remember the first day we met, where I knew she would be my first and last true love. And as long as this will make her happy, I know I'm making the right decision.

I grab my materials, sobbing harder than before, when Hayes calls out for me.

"Nash. Nash what are you doing?!" He gets off the couch, running after me. I run faster, heading to the bathroom, shutting the door hard behind me. "NASH OPEN THE DOOR!"

I yell as loud and as hard as I can, punching the wall with my fist, which starts to bleed. I throw myself on the floor, hitting the ground as fast as I can, many times. I scream louder than ever. I can hear Hayes crying right beside the door. I bang my head a couple times, to let go all the voices, the stress, the pressure, the scenes, and Grace. It's time to let go. Just like Olivia had said, I don't deserve her. I don't deserve anything. And most importantly, after what I had done to her, I don't deserve to live..

GRACE'S POV

"Who was it?" I ask, as soon as Olivia walks back in.

"My friend. He needed to ask me something, that's all." She stutters.

"Oh."

My phone vibrates and when I check who it is, my eyes open wide:

It's Nash.

"I'm not answering it." I tell Olivia, who is looking guilty and scared.

"Grace. Grace. Answer it. Now." She acts like an idea just popped into her head. I listen to her and open it.

"Hello?" I say to the phone.

"Grace." His voice sounds dreaded.

"Nash? Are you okay?"

"No. But I also know that you were just like this when I left you. It's time for revenge for me, right?"

"Nash what are you talking about?" He's confusing me.

"Grace. I.. Just want you to be happy. I've done so much to you. And I'm sorry. But you know I love you. I always have. And I always will. No matter what. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. But the only way for you to be happy is for me to be gone out of your life. I don't deserve to live after what I had done to you." He starts sobbing.

"NASH OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" I hear Hayes yell in the background.

"I'm- sorry Grace. Bye." He says.

I wipe my tears.

Drop the phone.

And close my eyes.

I have lost everything.

I can't lose him.

This cannot be happening..

...

As soon as we drove to his house, Olivia had already called 911. I jump out of the car, closing the door shut as fast as I can.

I run up the stairs, kicking open the door. I start to cry. I can't imagine.

I find Hayes knocking at the door, crying his eyes out. Olivia holds him back, while I try to find the keys to the bathroom.

I grab the pair and head upstairs as fast as I can, crying so hard that my eyes start to burn.

My shaky hand opens the door.

Please don't take him, please don't take him God.

I find him lying on the floor, holding his drugs close to him. The knife close to his heart. I find cuts on his hand, holding tight every single one of them.

"Nash.." I throw myself down, holding Nash tight. His face white, eyes filled with tears. I put his head on my lap. I lean in to him and whisper:

"Shh- it's me. It's gonna be okay. I promise. I love you." I kiss him on the cheek, holding his hands tight. When I grab the knife from him, he yells and tries to get it back.

"Grace.. I'm sorry. I a-am. I love you. I-" he slowly tries to tell me, but I shush him, closing his eyes, and allowing him to stay there for a while.

Hayes is wrapped up with Olivia. I'm holding Nash, not letting him go. Ever.

I hear the ambulance outside, many men coming inside the bathroom.

And I don't know where or who I am anymore...