Chapter 11

"Are you sure?" I ask Monica one last time, as Nash waits at the door. I can tell he's annoyed.

"Yes. Have fun. Don't go crazy." She winks at me and I laugh, taking Nash's hand and exiting to the car.

...

"Why is there so many people?" I ask him, stepping closer as I notice people staring.

"It's most of the people at our level. You, Carter and Shawn wouldn't have came if you hadn't been smarties and swarmed your way up to our level." I jokingly punch him and he smiles.

"So what do we do?" I ask, the moment we walk in.

"We can dance. Play "games".." These two girls come in as I straighten up.

"Would you like a drink?" One of the girls ask him, handing him a little cup with some kind of drink in it.

"Absolutely. Grace?" Nash grabs another one and hands it to me.

"No, I'll pass." He says something to the girls which leads them to giggle and walk away.

"For me. One wouldn't hurt." He says, looking directly in my eyes. Ugh, it's always the eyes that get me!

"But-"

"Trust me." He, again, hands me the cup and I grab it. He watches me bring the rim of the cup to my lips. As soon as the cold liquid settles in my mouth, I shiver. The horrific taste puts my throat on fire. "You'll get used to it."

"I'm not so sure about that." I smile and he does too, grabbing my hand again. Then he looks down and finally notices my clothes.

"Wow." Is all he can say.

"Yea. I know-"

"No. You look.. Different." He says, rubbing his eyes.

"Different good? Or different bad?" I ask.

"Different good." He smiles and we start to walk.

"Grace!!" Carter yells out from the rest of the group who are all up dancing. "You look amazing!"

"Haha. Thank you." I says and look up at Nash. I squeeze his hand to calm him down.

"Matthew! Turn off the lights so we can dance!" As soon as Shawn yells that out, all I can see are the lights shinning off of the disco ball. We all gather to the center as close as we can and start dancing to a song that I have never heard in my life.

After a bunch of songs, Matthew pulls me and a random blonde girl to the front of the room where everyone is facing. Everyone stops dancing and stares at the two of us. The blonde girl is smiling at me which I know is not a good sign..

Matthew whispers something in the girls ear and she nods. Then she moves closer to me and tells me to copy the dance she does. Without knowing what kind of dance, I start to do so.

Apparently, it was a dance that almost every guy payed attention to. They cheered whenever I did one of the "sexy" moves. Guys and their judgements these days. I glance at Nash who is about to punch everyone who is staring at me and Matthew who is probably having the most of all. All of a sudden I hear:

"We should teach her how to be a stripper after this." Matthew tells Nash.

"Hell no bro. I don't want her to be like that." Nash says, probably irritated, which I am most certainly thankful for.

What Matthew said gets me annoyed though, so I stop and head back to Nash as the lights turn back on.

"Here's where the fun starts." Nash says, as we sit on the floor next to Carter, Matthew, Shawn, Cameron, and this whole other group of girls and guys that I don't even know.