Chapter 19

For the next few weeks, everyone did nothing but ignore me. Just imagine, walking up to you're locker and everyone takes a step back, just to stay away from you. And you turn around to find every single eye landing on your right arm. It's really not something you would want to live with.

And no matter how sorry you are, you would NEVER know how it feels to be me. Cause someone I used to truly love, someone who I would die for, someone who made me feel like I'm worth it, is now acting like he doesn't even know me.

"We're gonna be late to rehearsals. Come on." Olivia states as we close the dorm room. oh yeah. I missed a big detail. Olivia was not the person I thought of her as and now, we are closer than before. She even moved in with me, replacing Monica.

We both hurry to the theatre auditorium, where Mr. Halbert had told us to meet. Today is our seventh rehearsal. So you can say that I'm used to being laughed at and ignored by Nash. Cause I've been through that millions of times.

When we walk in, all eyes are on us, just like the seven times I have walked in here.

"Grace!" Carter yells as he, Matthew, and Shawn run to greet me. I look at Nash whos evil smile grows wider when his eyes land on me. Mr. Halbert tells everyone to be seated and we do.

"Good morning everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. This week, we won't be meeting in class. Instead, we'll come here from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm. And you can have the rest of the day off. Sounds good?" We nod. "Great! Today, we will get through the scene after Julie finishes her play and Mike kisses her because this will a lot of practice."

"Oh my gosh. This will be fun to watch." George says from the crowd. Why is he here? He's not even in the play.

"George, why are you here?" Mr. Halbert asks him, as if he were reading my mind.

"Oh proffesor. I'm here to laugh at Nash when he has to kiss the one armed creature." Nash laughs.

No. It doesn't hurt anymore. I've been called worse. Just open my facebook profile and read all the three hundred and fifthy six comments written by accounts such as: nashgrier, georgeturner, and so many more. So I'm used to it.

"George get out." Proffesor tells him.

"But.."

"Now."

George rolls his eyes and exits the room.

"Let's have our to characters to the stage." Mr. Halbert commands.

Nash goes up before me.

I walk slowly to the high stage. I use all the power I have in my left arm to pull me up but its useless. Carter puts his hands under my foot and pushes me up. I thank him.

"Okay. Nash. When Julie turns around, as soon as the music starts, you run toward her, pick her up, spin her, put her down, and congratulate her." Proffesor tells him and Nash sighs.

When the music begins, he runs straight to me, picks me up holding me by my arms. As soon as his hand makes contact with my half arm, his blue eyes widen.

"EWW!" He yells and lets go of me, as I drop on my right half arm, which releases a pain that travels through my whole body. I let out a cry that echos through the entire auditorium.

I see Olivia and Matthew running up the stage to help me up. When they do, Mr. Halbert starts yelling at Nash.

"Now we're taking this from the top, without any ridiculous actions." Proffesor yells, putting his glasses back on.

We try the scene over and suprisingly, Nash is able to get through it without dropping me.

"Now. Mike. Hold Julies hands. uh hand. Then lean down to giver her a kiss. This kiss is going to go on with the music until the curtains are closed. Then-"

"Wait! Is Grace gonna have a fake arm on cause I dont want to look like a fool when I kiss a creature."

Mr. Halbert ignores his comment and tells him that I'll only wear the fake arm on the day of the play.

We try the scene he had ordered us to do and after many tries it actually goes better than I thought it would go. But the moment the curtains close, the magic is over as nash gasps.

"Where are the bathrooms?! I need to wash my mouth. Oh my god I thınk I'm gonna throw up." He jumps off the stage and heads to the nearest bathroom.

"This lasted quicker than I thought it would. So you can have more time off. Have a great day and see yall tomorrow. Also just a reminder, don't forget that there's a pep rally this friday." I watch everyone leave as I hear to voices coming from the corner.

"Hey Nash. You keep bringing up this 'creature'. Whos that?" A blonde girl asks him. He whispers something in her ear and she looks straight at me and giggles. They walk off together.

"Are you coming?" Olivia asks, heading to the door.

"I'll catch up to you." She nods and leaves.

The lights turn off suddenly and all thats left in the room is me.

I feel a tear drop on my skin and realize that I'm starting to cry. I can't help myself.

I look up.

"Why me?! huh?! Answer this! Out of all the seven billion people in the world, WHY ME?!" And at that moment all my cries and yells echo through the auditorium once again, trapping me in my own sreams.