Chapter 23

"Uno!" I yell, as I put down my second to last card.

"Ha." Olivia puts down a +4 card. We were really bored so we decided to play some cards. But seriously, we had nothing to do. "How are you feeling?"

"Confused."

"You shouldn't be." Olivia states, but she's right.

"I can't help it. I mean I don't even-"

We jump to the ringing of my phone. I check the cover to find my bro, Hayes.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Put him on speaker." Olivia whispers to me, and I do.

"Hey, Grace."

"Hey, Hayes, how are you?"

"I'm good, but I'd be better if you were with me." Hayes says. I can imagine his "I'm gonna steal my brothers ex" face.

"Hayes be pullin!" Olivia yells into the phone and I start to laugh.

"We can play the video game you got for me." He says.

"Um-"

"Don't worry, Nash isn't here, he won't be back for hours." He answers, as if he knew what I was going to ask.

"I'll be there in five." I tell him and Olivia grabs her keys.

...

"You should come too." I tell Olivia.

"Nah. I'll check on Matthew and them. Have fun though. Whenever you need a ride, just call me."

"Thanks." I wave and knock on the door.

"THERES NO ONE HOME!" Hayes calls out. I smile.

"AWW man! Well I'll just go back home!" I pretend to make footsteps, but that second I hear the door squeak.

Hayes comes in like a bullet, hugging me as hard as he can.

"I missed you so much." He whispers.

"I missed you too, Hayes." I whisper back.

I walk in to find the living room a mess. Chips on the floor, beer bottles broken on the table, and many more which will take me days to list.

"Wow." Is the first word that comes out of my mouth.

"Yeah." Hayes says. "Let's play!"

At first it was pretty difficult to play a video game with one hand, but after I got used to it, we played a boxing game for about 2 hours.

"I beat you, for the 34th time." He says.

"Hey!" I frown.

"I beat you, I beat you."

"Shut up, Hayes." I smile.

"Make me." Oh it's on!

I grab him with my left hand and he starts to laugh. I turn him around as fast as I can which makes him laugh even more, and his laughs make me laugh. That's how it went. Lastly I threw him onto the bed, and as a result, the whole room filled up with our hilarious laughter.

"Grace?" He says, breathing quickly.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something? And will you answer honestly?" He says, I start to get scared.

"Sure."

"What did Nash do?" He asks me. "I mean, why did you break up with him?"

I can't believe it. I cannot believe he said that I was the one who broke up with that maniac.