Chapter 8

(2 weeks later)

Grace's POV

I think I have nashty fever..

We spent so much time together and I know literally everything about him. He has done nothing but make me smile this whole time, along with our group.

I told him that he will know when he finds his true love.

But I already found mine in the first few weeks of college.

He is just so cute. And I already have my first step, we're best friends!

"OMG!" Monica shrieks, flipping the page in her book. "You jerk!"

"What happened?" I laugh, heading over to her side of the room. Oh yeah, we're over that. She's gotten nicer and now understands me. I've came to her when I thought I had feelings for Nash.

"The girl is getting so many hates! You have no idea. It got so serious that one even told her to kill herself! I hope she doesn't." She says, flipping the page again.

"Oh." I say, smile, and head back to my bed to finish my book. "Hey, the group and I are going to go to the homecoming meeting in like 10 minutes. Wanna come?"

"I wish I can, but I'm gonna finish my book. Maybe after that, I'll come and join you." She says, smiling. I nod and put on shorts and a short sleeve t shirt.

We here a knock on the door. Monica groans and looks at me. I sigh and head to open it. And... It's Olivia.

"Hey gurl!" She shrieks.

"Hi?" I reply.

"Not you." She rolls her eyes and walks over to Monica. In the meanwhile, Monica quickly shoves her book into the shelf next to her, hiding her glasses as well.

"Wanna come shopping with us?" Olivia asks her, sitting on the edge of her bed. I look at Monica.

"Actually, I would've loved to, but I'm really busy," she stutters at her words.

"Oh. Why? What are you doin?" Olivia asks.

"You know what, I'll just come with you. Plus I might need some stuff too." Monica looks at me with blank eyes, mouthing the words 'I'm sorry'. She grabs her purse and phone, heading to the door with Olivia. Olivia, on the other hand, smirks at me and they both leave.

She doesn't have to be sorry, cause I know what state she is in:

She can't stand up for herself.

...

"I still think it should be a monkey themed parade." Nash says.

"No. How many times do we have to say this! No monkeys!" Matthew yells back, but then smiles.

"Should we even HAVE a parade?" Carter says in disgust.

"Nahh." Cameron, the shy kid I met at Nash's party says.

They all blurt out ideas they can use but then yell how stupid or weird they are. I'm not coming to these meetings again.

But then it hits me:

"How about a dance?" I say, and they all stare at me in amazement.

"Like, where people dress up and dance?" Matthew asks. Have they not been to a prom before?

"Yeah. That's what I said right?" They nod. "We could decorate the gym with lights and banners." I start the list as Carter writes everything down.

"And music!"

"And snacks and punch!"

"And a disco ball!"

"And monkeys!" Nash yells out as I elbow him.

"No MONKEYS!" They all yell back as he puts his hands up in surrender. Then we laugh. That's how all hangouts end in this group.

We give the list to the principal and she approves.

"You and your brilliant ideas." Nash says in my ear. I smile.

"Yeah. That's me."

"So, for that dance thing. Do people go alone to that?" He asks, making it obvious that he knows the answer to that.

"I don't think so." I reply, smiling even wider.

"How do they go?"

"Oh, with friends or a date." I say.

"A date huh."

"Yup."

"Hey Grace?" He asks, stopping and holding me in place.

"Yeah?"

"Can I be your date to that dance?" He asks, whipping his hair to the back, his eyes settling in mine.

"Do you love monkeys?" I ask him.

"Yes." He says.

"Then there's your answer." Before I can say something else, he grabs me from my legs and puts me on his back. I keep my self steady and balanced by holding on to his neck. I wrap my feet to the back and he starts running outside.

"I'm gonna fall!"

"I wouldn't let that happen!" He yells back and starts spinning me around. After we both get dizzy, he lays me on the grass.

We both start laughing.

"Here, let me help you up." He asks for my hand.

"No, let me help you." I smile, grabbing his hand, and pull him down with me. We hadn't realized that the sprinklers were on as we get sprinkled on the floor. But they get faster.

"I think we should go before we get soaked!" I yell.

"That's the fun of it!" He starts running around the sprinklers, covering his face. I stand there staring at him like a total freak.

"Come on!"

"I'll pass!" I say.

"Have it your way." He takes the hose out from the sprinkler and sprays it straight at me. I scream and start running.

"Nash! No! It's too cold!" I steal the hose from him and put it under his shirt. He screams.

We start walking back to my room. Apparently, he lives in his own apartment.

"I hate you for that." He says.

"I hate you too." I reply.

If only he could know that it's the opposite..