Chapter18

When I realize what had happened, I slowly pull myself out of the bed. The moment i stand up, I hear footsteps behind me. When I turn around, I find the only thing that can make my day even worse.

Olivia.

"What are you doing in here?" She directly asks me.

"Why would you, out of all the people I know, care?" I scowl at her.

She doesn't answer that, which I'm very surprised at, since she always has the last word.

Olivia picks up Monica's book that was left behind. She looks confused at first, but when she reads the summary, her expression turns worried.

Then, she quickly grabs Monica's pillow and does something I never in my life thought she would do.

She cries.

It gets louder and more painful by the second. I can't help myself and run to give her a hug as I cry along with her. She tries to hug me back around my right arm but forgets that there's a gap and frowns. She horrifically looks at me but I give her the 'its okay' look. For a second i replace her as Monica, but then realize its Olivia.

She hugs me back and we both stand there, crying, for minutes, forgetting everything that had happened between us.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"About what?" I reply, pulling back.

"Everything."

At first, I have no clue wether to believe her or not. I'm so confused at the moment. She's really the only choice I've got right now.

"You don't have to-"

"And your arm." She says, quickly getting a glimpse at it. "And Monica-"

"Yea." I look straight down as Nash suddenly stabs my thoughts.

"Grace?"

"Uh-yeah?"

"Why were you crying when you came in here?" She stutters as she says this.

I'm not gonna tell her. It'll make things worse.

"Nash." Okay I couldn't help myself. Olivia stiffens at the name.

"What about Nash? Did something happen to him too?"

"No. I saw him after lunch today."

"I don't think so. He wasn't here today from what I know." She says.

"Yeah. Appearantly, he was hiding from me." She frowns.

"What?"

"It's complicated-"

"No. Grace tell me what happened."

"He was using me. He dated me just for popularity. And he left me the moment my arm had gotten taken off. He was talking to George and I overheard." I look down. I can't cry anymore, since there's probably no tears left in me.

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope."

"I'm- sorry." I fake a smile to let her now I'm strong but it's obvious that I have been ripped into pieces.

We both look down in silence for a couple minutes.

"I was jealous." She says, keeping her eyes down.

"Of what?"

"You and Nash." That makes me smile.

"How?"

"Y'all looked real."

"What do you mean?"

"Y'all looked like you had real love going on. Not like us. The other couples are all fake. I can tell the difference. It's like ya'll introduced each other to what love really is."

"I thought the same way, but I guess I was wrong. He didn't care. Is he seriously aloud to steal someone's heart, give it all it wants, but then rip it all away into tiny pieces that will never be fixed?"

"I can't believe he would even do this. I'm really sorry grace." She looks at me and frowns. "Go ahead. Cry."

"What?"

"You know you want to. Just let it out. You'll feel better." And before she can finish her sentence, I gasp and force myself to let out the sharp tears that are located in the ripped pieces of my heart.

She hugs me again. I bite on the pillow as hard as I can to send signals of stress and pain and images of Nash.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna get a couple snacks." Olivia says, grabbing her purse.

"I'll come with you." I wipe my tears and throw the dirty tissues away. I wasted two boxes of tissues on that douchebag.

"No. Stay."

"But if you see Nash, please keep calm."

"I'll try." She chuckles and heads for the door.

"Olivia, seriously."

"Okay, okay."

...

NASH'S POV

What have I done..?

"Dude, you're gonna thank me for this when you have all the girls flirting over you. All except Grace." He smiles. I smile back.

One part of me says that I have done the biggest mistake of my life and I should go fix it before it's forgotten. The other part of me says that I did the right things and great things will come out of this. That part is just probably George's voice. But George has been my best friend since we were kids, I know he wants the best of me. So I go with the George part.

As we walk, I see a familiar girl walking towards me. She's walking fast, in anger. Her hands are in fists. And I already know its Olivia.

"Could you excuse us for a couple minutes?" She tells George and he leaves. "I'm just gonna ask you once. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What are you talking about?" I reply, but I know EXACTLY what she's talking about. She gives me the look. "How do you know?"

"She told me." Olivia says.

"Already? She lost her best friend and now she's trying to grab her enemies? Now I know for sure I did the right thing." What am I saying? My words are saying the opposite of my thoughts. She gasps. "Why do even care about all this?"

"I might be cruel, but I'm not heartless-" Olivia says. Ha! You sure about that?

"-the only heartless bastard around here is you."

"Mhm."

"You made her feel like she actually meant something to someone. You made her feel important. You made her feel loved. But you broke her into pieces and now.. She feels worthless.

Popularity or Grace?

No answer.

"Does it look like I care?" I do. I do care.

"You son of a-" she slaps me on the right cheek as it bursts in pain.

She was right. What the hell is wrong with me?