Chapter 1

"I love you too mom. Please don't ever forget that. I'll miss you." I tell mom as she puts her sweaty arms behind my back to pull me in towards the tightest hug.

"No trouble. No guys. Just focus on school work then it's all up to you.. And we have to keep in touch! Promise me okay?.." She begins to worry as her blank green eyes suddenly release tears that run down her cheeks.

"Yes. I promise." We break apart from our hugs and she kisses me with her soaked lips on my cheek. I'm as terrified as she is, but I am actually able to hide my frown. I need to calm her down or at least try to make her laugh, I'm just not sure if that will work.

"Mom will you promise me something?"

"What is it?" She replies, trying to decrease her sniffs which turn out as gasps every time she breathes.

"Will you look after teddy for me?" I ask her with the brightest smile my mouth braced mouth could take me to.

"Yes, I promise." She lets out a snicker as I wipe away the tears that are rolling down off her cold cheeks.

As I join the rest if the students walking inside to their dorms, I spot her waving at me which is the last thing I saw before I start the ending 4 years of my life as a junior actress.

I look around and find how everyone knows one another where I'm just a loner. When I try to make eye contact with someone, they look at me as if I was crazy. So I just decide to head straight to my dorm.

...

"Excuse you?" Says a black haired girl staring at me as if I'm from her nightmares.

"Sorry, I .." I wait for my mouth to do its job and find the best words to match the answer.

"Did you knock?" She says, trying to hide her wicked smile.

"Is this room '348'?" I ask her, as I shut the door behind me and take in the shape of my room. Our room.

"Can't you read?" She says and points to the mark on the outside part of the door. She takes her gum out of her mouth and throws it into the basket in the corner.

"You must be my roommate." I tell her, putting my luggage next to what is known as my bed.

"How'd you know?" She sarcastically says and rolls her eyes. She goes back to unpacking.

"Looks like we're definitely gonna get along." I snap and start unpacking my stuff. I peek over to the tag that is hung over her neck. Every student got a name tag this morning, including me. Apparently, her name is Monica. All that my eyes can spot in her luggage is headphones, make up, dresses, electronics and so many other things that would be put on the opposite side of good. I stare down at my bags and find that it is filled up with books, scripts and anything that'll lead me from the right direction.

"Okay let me make this clear, this shelf is mine, and that shelf is yours." She says, walking from one side of the room to the other. "This closet is mine, and that closet is yours. This bed is mine, and that one is yours. And so on. I even taped the floor for you not to cross just in case you turn out to be dumb" She chuckles and heads outside to join her friends.

It takes me a while to unpack and when I finish, I decide to look around the school so that I don't get lost in my college years.

"Watch where you're.. Hey there," A tall guy says, helping me up from the ground in which he had knocked me down to. "And what's this geeks name?" He asks. I look back to see who he's talking to but in seconds, I finally realize that it's me.

"I'm Grace, and my last name is 'get your hands off me'" I tell him, yanking his giant hands off my shoulder and walk away, leaving him with a loud but weird laugh. I look back to find him join a group of girls.

I feel hungry so I decide to pick up something to eat from the bar outside.it takes me a while to fight through the new crowd but I finally get there. The line is huge from what I can see standing in the back but I'm sure it'll go by quick. I hope. As the line moves on, I put different kinds of snacks on my plate and get to the register in no time.

"That'll be $21 ma'am." The lady says, handing her hand to receive the money. I didn't think it would pass $20 bucks so that's all I brought. I check my wallet in frustration. I can't go back to the start all over again.

"Ugh.. I .." I wait for luck to pop in and it quickly does.

"Here." A blond haired guy next to me says, handing me a dollar. "Welcome to The College of Performing Arts, New York."

"Thank you, I'll repay you as soon as I can." I smile thankfully and hand the money to the lady.

I found out that the guys name is Matthew and it appears that we both came from California. After we finish our meal, we get up and head inside.

"Do you need a tour around?" He asks me, taking out his map. I nod, returning a smile.

"That'd be great." I assure him, and we walk. "I'm Grace, by the way."

"That's a lovely name."

"Thank you." I smile brightly.

"Well I hope that we could be close friends, who knows."

"Yeah." I hope so.