Chapter 14

Nash, Hayes, and Mary Ann finally had gotten used to what had happened a couple days later. In that time, Nash never came out of the house so he called me over. I slept there with Monica for a couple of days until Christmas had arrived. Christmas couldn't have been better. My mom had bought me a necklace with an infinity just like I always love. Apparently, she left it in my purse before she left. I felt bad that I couldn't get Robert and her something.

Nash, however, got a bracelet for me. It had our initials on it which equaled a heart. He had the same one for himself so it's like one of those bf and gf bracelets. I got him the kind of perfume he always wears. I got his mom a purse heels really wanted. And Hayes received his favorite video game from me, which we played all night one of those days.

Nash has been acting really weird lately though. I ask him why, he keeps saying it's his dad, which is true.

Oh! And Monica and Robert have been talking a lot these past weeks..

"So what's going on with you and Robert?" I ask Monica, looking for a bunch of dresses at Target for her to wear at the New Years Party tomorrow. I'll probably wear what I wore for the last party.

"Nothing. He's just really nice and funny." She smiles as she says this, I give her a look. "Fine! Fine! You got me."

"You like him don't you?"

"Yeah but I have NOOO chance with him." She says, walking over to another section.

"Shut up. You're beautiful. And he might actually like you back, ya know. Why don't you ask him out?"

"Are you kidding? Girls don't ask guys out. Guys do that. The other way is just weird."

"No it's not. Girls can do anything guys can do. And watch him say yes when you ask him." I tell her, as we both walk to the fitting rooms.

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Ugh fine!" I clap my hands numerous times. "I'll do it.. On New Years, after the party."

"Yes!!" I don't know why I'm excited, I just am.

Monica rolls her eyes, but then smiles. I'm pretty sure she's excited too.

The first dress she tries on is really tight, but cute. So just like always, I start the "comfort before looks" speech.

The second one is really ugly but looks comfortable. But ugly beats it in this case, so no.

The third one, however, is really pretty and comfortable, as she says. It's a laced dress that reveals a lot of her skin at the waist but I guess she's fine with it. The back is brought together with a black clip which actually looks really cute, so we decide to buy the last dress.

...

"Drive faster!!" I yell to Monica, as we're about to drive into Matthews house. He told us his parents aren't home which is always a bad sign.

"Okay!" She does and parks in the area in front of the house. We both get out, taking our purses and phones.

"Cartah! Haven't talked to you in a while." I hug Carter and he hugs back.

"I know!" He says "I heard what happened to Nash. How's it going with you? How's your first semester?" Carter fills my head up with questions. I reply to every single one over the loud noise as we take a seat on the couch.

"I'm not drinking anything." Monica whispers to me as we walk around.

"Agreed. No matter what." I tell her.

I try to look around for Nash but then later find him drinking with the group.

"Grace!" He yells, walking over to me. He can't walk straight though. Don't tell me he's drunk..

"Nash!" I fake a smile and give him a hug. He holds the bottle down as his hands reach down to mine.

"Come join us." He grabs my hand and brings me to the group. I bring Monica with me.

"Would you like a drink?" He hands the bottle to me. I take a sip just for him. But no more.

I put my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms over my shoulder, covering me.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask him, grabbing his hand again. He nods and we head to the center.

We dance for a while. When I say while, I mean a while. It was fun though. I must admit we're a great couple of dancers.

Later on, our group separates into tinier ones. As I watch everyone head different directions with their friends, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Grace." Shawn smiles.

"Hey Shawn. Haven't seen you in a while. How've you been?"

"The same. Chillin with the bros for the break. What about you?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I don't know if you've heard about Nash though." We walk to the back yard to talk in quiet.

"No I haven't. What happened?"

"Well his parents had gotten divorced and I think his dad slapped his mom which got him mad and all that stuff. He's really upset though I don't even know why he came to the party."

"That makes so much more sense!" He puts his hand over his forehead.

"What does?"

"That's probably why he's been drinking a lot. And getting all drunk." He's right, now that I look at it that way. That's why he was acting all weird. He can't change into one of those guys who go alcoholic. He can't be one of those. I can't let him.

"True." I say. It looks like he's about to tell me something, but then he stiffens.

"Grace?"

"Yeah." I say, scared for what he's going to say.

"You're new and all that. But, I've never really met a girl like you before. You're different from the others. And I just thought tonight would definitely be the time to ask." Crap. "Will you go out with me?"

I stand there, looking to his right, my eyes sinking into the sparkling stars. I start to sway back and forth because of the nervousness that is taking over me. What do I say..?

"That's very sweet. And I would've said yes for sure but-" I start but Nash cuts in.

"Grace! Come on! Let's go!" Nash grabs my hand and I try to apologize to Shawn but he looks down right away, dropping the flowers he had behind his back..

The problem is, how mad Nash will be at me..

"Countdown! Ready?!" He holds my hand tight.

10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The first thing I feel is Nash's soft lips brushing against mine. He brings his hands down to my waist and brings me closer to him. When he releases, he whispers "Happy New Years" in my ears. Then we return back to kissing.

When we finish our moment, I hug almost everyone in the room and wish them a great new year.

"Grace, get Monica. I'll get Matthew and Carter. I'm gonna take y'all a club that my dad always took me to in my senior year. I'm tired of this place." Nash says, taking his keys out of his pocket.

"But its midnight. Are you sure that's-"

"CARTAH, MATT!" He calls out, searching for them. I play along, get Monica and meet the rest outside.

We head to Nash's car. Me and him sit in the front while Carter Monica and Matthew sit in the back. I wait for the car to drive and get ready for the most fun of my life.