Chapter 12

I can't believe I had just made out with Nash...

It was an amazing feeling, but I feel really guilty. Yes, it was my first time..

The moment I open my eyes, I try to re-imagine the way we moved in our own rhythm as we made some electricity.

"I love you." He whispers to me, as we hold hands and exit the closet. When we do, the group is staring at us as if we had just killed a bunch of people.

"That was not 5 minutes." Matthew says.

"But it was worth it." I shyly respond, revealing a tiny smile.

I don't know why, but I ended up drunk that night. I probably drank wayyyyy more than I thought I would. It's the worst feeling though. You don't know what you're doing. Nash found out about how high I was so he decided to take me home before it got worse.

"Nash, why are you mad?" I ask him, looking up to his crossed eyebrows.

"You're drunk."

"So?"

"Grace, you were slow dancing with a random guy." He says, putting his hand behind his neck. Is that what guys do when they're nervous?

"I did?" I don't even remember.

"Yup." He sighs.

"Oh. Well you know I didn't mean it." I tell him, taking his hand in mine.

"Yeah."

"Hey, my favorite part was the dare. You should be aware of that." I smile at him and he chuckles.

"Trust me, I am." He says. "I can't forget it."

"Me neither." We both stare at each other, replaying our moment in our heads.

"You're about to fall asleep on the floor." He laughs. "You should probably get some sleep."

"Okay." I say, kissing him on the cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." He says, hugs me, and leaves.

...

"Hey, your alarm is ringing." Monica says so me, as I open my eyes. I look at the clock right next to me: 7:35 am.

"Yea. Thanks. It's for the drive to my moms." I say. She nods, starting to change into some comfortable sweatpants and a loose shirt.
I do the same.

"How long do you think it will take us to get there?" I ask her, packing some clothes just in case I stay overnight.

"From Manhattan to New Jersey? About an hour, I guess." She shrugs, also taking her bag full of clothes and things she needs. And definitely her new book. It's the next part to Who I Am. I never read that one but I heard it's really sad.

"Thank you so much again." I hug her.

"No problem. That's what friends are for, right?" She asks, smiling.

"Best friends." I fix her, taking my phone and purse, then exit the door.

As we get to the parking lot, we find Olivia and her friends getting out of the car. She's wearing the same thing she wore at the party last night. Did she sleep over there?

"Monica! What happened to you?! Remember? We NEVER wore sweatpants or the ugly shirt you're wearing!" She screams, sounding so stupid.

"I know but-" Monica starts to respond but Olivia cuts in again.

"It's because of her isn't it." She points at me. "She has been driving you into the lame world! You're always with her Monica! What happened to our friendship? You're picking her side?"