Chapter 9 •The Kiss?•

Annie's POV

Lexi and I were walking out of our last class for the day when I saw Hayden and Jayden talking. I heard her say that she needed to tell him something. I grabbed Lexi's wrist and we hid behind the wall.

"Wha-" She started.

"Shh! Just listen." I whispered.

"I like you." I heard Jayden say.

Wait what!?

"You what?" Hayden said.

"I like you Hayden.....and not just as a friend." She said looking down.

"Look Jay-" Hayden started.

"It doesn't matter Hayden. Just forget about it." She said walking away.

"Wait." He said grabbing her wrist.

"What." She said.

They stood there staring at each other. That's when they were leaning in.

"I can't watch this anymore." I said walking away.

"Annie wait!" Lexi yelled.

I looked back at her with tears in my eyes. I saw Jayden and Hayden looking at me worriedly. I looked at them and turned around and walked away. I heard Lexi, Jayden, and Hayden calling my name and that's when I started running. I ran all the way to my house and opened the door. I ran upstairs and closed my door and locked it. I laid on my bed and started crying.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come back in 10 years." I said.

"It's me." I heard Josie say.

"Josie?"

"The one and only." She said.

I got up and unlocked the door.

"Come here." She said opening her arms.

I hugged her and we both sat on my bed. I explained everything to her.

"Wow." She said.

"Yeah...."

I got a phone call from Hayden. I declined it like I did to his other calls. Him and Jayden were spamming me.

"You should let them explain." Josie said.

"Explain what? Jayden likes Hayden and she didn't even tell me. Plus they almost kissed. I saw it with my own eyes." I said.

"But they didn't. And you don't know if Hayden likes Jayden or not."

"Yes I do. I've never seen Hayden look at anyone like that. Maybe they're just meant to be." I said sighing.

Hayden started calling again. Can't he just give up already. I don't want to hear his excuses. Josie picked up my phone.

"Please don't." I said.

"Come on Annie."

"Tomorrow. I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Fine."

She declined it and we talked some more. I really loved Josie. She was the big sister I never had. I'm glad Caleb found her.
___________________________