Chapter three

Kid Flash waltzed through his home like a man walking on air with his flowers in one hand and an imaginary Jinx's hand in the other. He skirted around the standing lamp in his home, spinning along with his imaginary partner in a seemingly endless dance.

"M'lady." He said bowing deeply to the empty room and his invisible dance partner before wandering into the kitchen. Grabbing a vase from under the sink he ran the tap and let it fill up with cold water and dropped the flowers into it. After a moment or two of apparent thought he disappeared briefly at high speed only to return with a plant pot full of soil. He carefully made a small hole in the earth and removed the flowers from the water and put them in the pot, being extra careful to make sure that their roots were covered. Now instead of looking nice for a few days then wilting they might just take root and last forever.

"I'm in loooove!" Kid Flash sung and burst into his waltz again, there was some annoying noise in the background but it didn't matter and he paid it no mind.

"FLASH!" Robin shouted for at least the fifth time, Wally finally turned to see his communicator open and displaying a very irate looking Robin.

"Hello Robin, I'm in love!" The red head chirped happily to his friend.

"So I heard. We're not paying you to flirt with girls Kid Flash, we're paying you to look after the city!" Robin snapped, Wally pulled a face at this.

"You're not paying me at all." He pointed out.

"That's not the point. How is my city anyway? Not burnt down I hope?" Robin asked rubbing his temples, a lot of people found conversations with Kid Flash tiring, it was exhausting just looking at him with how fast he moved.

"Your damn city is fine. I've been keeping the HIVE five in check, why are they called the HIVE five when there's six of them anyway?" Kid Flash asked. Robin looked somewhat puzzled at this, as if the thought had never occurred to him before.

"I suppose… because Jinx is the leader and the others are the HIVE five? Why does that even matter?" Robin said shaking his head exasperatedly.

"No reason. We sent Madame Rouge packing too." Kid Flash grinned madly, remembering how relived he'd been to see Jinx when she showed up to rescue him, not that she would admit that's what she'd done.

"We?" Robin asked with a raised eyebrow, at least Kid Flash thought it was a raised eyebrow, Robin's mask moved at any rate.

"Me and the girl I'm in love with." Wally smiled broadly, his face seemed to glow at the thought.

"I don't want to know." Robin said holding his hands up, Kid Flash's face fell.

"But I love her." He pouted sadly.

"You said that the last time." Robin pointed out wearily.

"But she's different!" Wally wailed.

"You said that too."

"But I really mean it!" He pleaded, Robin shook his head and hung up.

The thought slowly crept over Kid flash that he probably should have mentioned that the girl in question was a semi-villainess who was in the 'arch enemies' folder in the Teen Titans database. He shrugged, Robin had said that he didn't want to know. Kid Flash happily dropped this train of through and went back to thinking about how pretty his flowers were.

Kid Flash may have been happy, but Jinx however was angry. She was filled with righteous fury and was taking it out on her now cowering team-mates, which was good and made her happy. Leaving several things in the living room smouldering she happily stomped up to her room and fell down on her bed. She hadn't been this angry in ages, it was a good cleansing anger, the kind of anger that less controlled people experienced before snapping and beating someone to death, but for her it was wonderful purifying anger that she loved.