chapter eighteen

Robin watched with interest as the milk and half chewed cereal arced through the air and guessed impressed that it had made it

Robin watched with interest as the milk and half chewed cereal arced through the air and guessed impressed that it had made it a good six meters, he then turned his attention back to the milk spewer in question.

"What do you MEAN she's here?!" Kid Flash demanded almost hysterically.

"Robin brought her back last night and locked her in a secure room." Raven replied flatly as always.

"YOU WHAT!? WHY?!" Kid Flash screamed at Robin at a now hysterical level.

"She'd escape jail." Robin replied simply and went back to his own cereal.

"But why HERE? What's wrong with you?! I can't- I can't do this, oh godohgodohgodwhat'llIdoshe'shereshe'shereohgod" Kid Flash said in a stream of words as he began hyperventilating, Robin reached over and smacked Kid Flash around the head, hard. The stunned boy sat in hyperventilating silence for a few seconds.

"Thankyou, I needed that. But seriously, what the HELL Robin?!" Kid Flash demanded angrily.

"She'll break out of jail in no time, and she was pretty demanding that I take her to jail so I'm pretty sure she had some escape plan set up; she needs to pay for what she did. Plus she knows a whole lot on us that I'm not happy with her spreading around the wider criminal community." Robin said as rationally as always.

"You say community like they have bake sales or something Robin, they're just crooks." Beast Boy giggled.

"Man, now I'm hungry imagining an evil bake sale. They do say the dark side has cookies though." Cyborg laughed loudly.

"Geek." Beast Boy snickered shaking his head.

"Jesus, I'm fairly sure holding someone without trail and against their will is illegal you know." Kid Flash pointed out.

"So is being a vigilante. What's your point?" Robin said pointedly.

"Urgh, nothing, arguing with you is completely pointless." Kid Flash sighed holding his hands up in defeat.

"I learnt from the best, and you're cleaning that up by the way." Robin added, gesturing to the milk and cereal stream with a spoon. Kid Flash pulled a face at Robin.

Jinx paced the room nervously until her ears pricked up at the sound of footsteps, she strained her ears to listen, too quiet for Cyborg and too fast for Robin, Starfire always flew and Raven didn't live down this side of the building and it was walking so there was no way it was Kid Flash. She quickly wrenched the nightstand from the floor which she'd spent hours unscrewing with her now very broken fingernails, she dashed to the edge of the door and held the stand high above her head, the door open and she swung it down violently. The furniture seemed to explode in front of her and she found herself pinned up against a wall before she could even blink with her arm wrenched painfully up her back.

"Agh!" She yelped in pain, no one was that fast, no one… except…

"Kid Flash?" She breathed, the grip on her wrist tightened but there was no mistaking those hot hands on her cold ones.

"I- I didn't realise it was you, I thought-" She trailed off before finding herself flung roughly across the room.

"You just can't stop lying can you?" He shouted angrily at her, she stared at him dumbstruck.

"Was anything you ever said to me true or can you really just not lie and hurt people?" He snapped venomously, Jinx's eyes widened, she'd never seen his eyes filled with so much… so much hate.