chapter fourteen

Jinx heaved as it felt like her stomach tried to turn itself inside out, as she retched she cursed Beast Boy and his ungodly food. She heard her bedroom door open as she pulled herself up to the sink and rinsed her mouth out, she swiped at the flush for the toilet and hung her head weakly over the sink gasping for air.

"Hey Jinx, you should see Beast Boy, he's so sick he's green. Well, greener than usual." Kid Flash said quickly before noticing that Jinx's bedroom was empty.

'Don't let him hear me being sick.' Jinx breathed in silent prayer, not that she cared what he thought, but a girl had to have standards.

"Jinx? You in there?" Kid Flash asked rapping gently on the metal door between him and her, Jinx stayed silent in the hope that he'd go away.

"I know you're in there, I can feel the total lack of body heat and the sense of humour vacuum from here." Kid Flash said rolling his eyes.

"Hey!" Jinx snapped automatically before covering her mouth realising her mistake, she had not just been tricked by a dork in neon spandex, she glowered, she could feel the kilowatt smile he was wearing even through the thick metal door.

"Come on, let me in." He whined.

"No!" Jinx snapped angrily and sat down on the edge of the bath waiting for him to go away.

"Aww, come on." He said pleadingly.

"No!" Jinx repeated annoyed.

"You know I could vibrate my way through that door right?" He pointed out.

"No! Don't!" Jinx yelped jumping up, "I'm… ill." She said pathetically.

"Oh no, Beast Boy hasn't gotten you sick too has he?" Kid Flash asked, the worried tone evident in his voice.

"Yeah, like food poisoning or something. Evil little git made it taste nice until this happened, it's not so nice the second time." Jinx said wrinkling her nose and rinsing her mouth out with mouthwash, she noted she was nearly out.

"Oh Jinx, is there anything I can get you to make you feel better?" Kid Flash asked sounding worried.

"More mouthwash." Jinx grumbled sliding the door open and slipping out with the bottle and shoving it at his chest.

"Got it." He smiled gently and put the bottle on the counter top by the door, he ran his eyes over her, she did look poorly.

"You managed to get dressed at least." He observed.

"Yeah, I felt more human after having a shower and getting dressed." Jinx nodded running a hand through her completely fuzzed up and crinkled hair, it was down in a tangled mess by her shoulders.

"You're paler than usual, and you feel all cold and clammy." He noted worried as he felt her face.

"Yeah, I know, I'm a wreck okay?" Jinx huffed stepping back from him irritated.

"You're not a wreck, I'm just concerned." He smiled charmingly before planting a quick kiss on her lips.

"Eww you scuzzbag, I've just been sick!" Jinx protested childishly wiping her mouth on her sleeve.

"I don't care!" He laughed happily and grabbed her into a hug.

"Squeeze me and you'll regret it!" Jinx threatened as the boy hugged her and nuzzled her neck. A beeping from his belt made him pull away with a groan, he checked the beeping thing and sighed wearily.

"A robbery downtown, I gotta go. You stay here and get better, I'll pick up your mouthwash okay?" He smiled before zipping off. Jinx stood contentedly in the silence of her room before wandering into the bathroom and forcing the window open upwards, she stood on the rim of the bath and pulled herself up so she half dangled out of the window. She watched Kid Flash zip off over the bridge with a smile.