chapter seven

He felt a little bad for lying to Jinx about what Robin most likely wanted to see him for as opposed to stopping minor crimes which he'd hinted at, but Jinx would only feel bad if he knew the truth. Kid Flash appeared in a blur outside the map room that was occasionally used for elaborate plans against buildings with hostages in, thankfully it was a rare occurrence so the room was almost always deserted.

'almost always at least' Kid Flash thought bitterly as he entered the room that he'd been summoned to and found Robin standing darkly against the harsh light of the monitor. It made him look ominous, he'd probably learnt that trick from Batman.

"Kid Flash." Robin stated.

"What is it Robin?" Kid Flash sighed irritated at the theatrics that the bat family often went through.

"Rescind your vote Kid Flash." Robin said with a warning tone to his voice. Kid Flash made a vulgar reply to this involving something physically impossible and horribly biological that Robin should do to himself.

"She doesn't belong here Flash, you must know that." Robin said letting Kid Flash's remark slide.

"She belongs here more than most of us do, she's made a harder transition than civilian to hero is, she's gone villain to hero, you know how much more dangerous that is. You know how much more willpower that takes, surely she's proved that she's more than strong enough to be a Titan." Kid Flash reasoned firmly whilst trying to restrain himself from swearing more.

"And that's exactly why she's more likely than the rest of us to go bad, she's had the taste of it, she knows what it's like." Robin snapped.

"Like you can talk, Red X." Kid Flash growled at him.

"That was for a purpose! It was the only way I could get to Slade!" Robin snarled at him.

"You just keep telling yourself that, you enjoyed playing for the other side for once and you know it." Kid Flash said flatly knowing from the flash of anger and spite that crossed Robin's masked face that he was right.

"And Starfire? She was a convict when you took her in! Raven's nearly destroyed the whole universe, Beast boy went on a feral rampage and Cyborg's caught a virus before and ate half the city! None of you are ones to criticise. She's making a change and you just can't handle that the apprentice of the world's greatest detective could be wrong about someone!" Kid Flash continued loudly and angrily.

"You'll regret it. She'll be the end of you, she goes evil again, which she will, and you can kiss your place as the Flash goodbye!" Robin said coldly hitting one of Kid Flash's vulnerable spots.

"Prepare to be wrong Bird Brain." Kid Flash spat using one of Jinx's terms for Robin, he made a rude hand gesture and left in a blur.

"Fool." Robin muttered turning back to the monitors showing the current surveillance of Jinx in her room.

Batgirl crouched low on the roof attempting to ignore the strong breeze that had nearly blown her off of the roof, that would have been easier had said living breeze not been talking to her.

"Baaatgirl…" Kid Flash said in a sing song voice.

"What?" The crimson haired girl asked stonily and kept watch on the alley below.

"You know how you think Robin is an arrogant little so and so who doesn't have the detective skill to find his ass with both hands?" Kid flash said charmingly playing to Batgirl's quirks.

"The same could be said of you Kid." Batgirl pointed out.

"Ah yes, but I've got subjective time and an awful lot of persistence." Kid Flash pointed out.

"Go on." Batgirl said rolling her eyes at him.

"I want to ask for you opinion on something, or rather someone." Kid Flash asked seriously.

"So… do you think I'm being reasonable making her a Titan or do you think I'm being blinded by love?" Kid Flash finished about half an hour later.

"Probably both. It doesn't surprise me that Robin's against the whole thing, his opinions are about as flexible as a girder. But if you're right about Jinx then it'll only take months and months of perseverance and saving his ass before he even considers that his self righteous opinions could even maybe be wrong." Batgirl muttered grinding her teeth, she really did not like Robin.

"Are you tormenting my sidekick?" A dark voice came from behind Kid flash making him jump and nearly fall off the roof.

"As always, just not this one." Kid Flash grinned and disappeared glad to be putting distance between himself and the Dark Knight. Batman raised a sceptical eyebrow at this and sighed exasperatedly.

"I really need to do something to stop that line of Flash's breeding, they get more and more infuriating with each generation." Batman muttered.

"Oh I don't know, he seems alright." Batgirl smiled and leapt off the roof onto the unsuspecting gang leader that she'd been waiting for all night.