chapter nineteen

Jinx sat morosely in the white room that she was locked in, she'd been in there for days now and she'd not seen anyone since Kid Flash burst in looking like hell yesterday. God, the whiteness of the room was driving her mad, everything was white, she couldn't decide if it felt more like she was in a nuthouse or an iPod commercial. Probably not much difference she mused as she picked at her white clothes, they were clearly trying to drive her mad.

"We're not." Raven answered as she entered the room.

"That's really off putting you know." Jinx said narrowing her eyes and objecting to the empath reading her mind, she forcibly suppressed all her own stray thoughts and emotions, if Raven was here to interrogate her she'd better be careful.

"Brought you food." Raven said offering the tray and placing it on the irritatingly white nightstand.

"Thanks." Jinx replied and looked up at Raven from her position on the floor.

"The others are all out." Raven commented and sat down.

"And Robin's left you in here with big bad old me?" Jinx asked rolling her eyes. "I could knock you out and escape and you'd have no one to help you." Jinx grinned in an unhinged way.

"I doubt you'd do that." Raven said levelly, Jinx was suddenly reminded of Kid Flash and the memory of him in her hallway in the HIVE five base kissing her wrist and assuring her that he trusted her flashed into her mind unabated.

"You shouldn't trust me so much." Jinx muttered leaning back and forcing down the thought, she watched Raven's slow smile.

"So you say, anyway, I could easily defend myself against you." Raven smiled at her.

"You're reading my mind aren't you?" Jinx said narrowing her eyes at Raven, the empath smirked at this, Jinx was quick.

"A little, I am supposed to be interrogating you aren't I? Why else would Robin let me in here with you?" Raven replied simply.

"Fair point." Jinx nodded.

"I thought you'd feel more hostile to Robin after all of this, after all he wasn't exactly welcoming to you, and he's apparently been proved right about you, aren't you even a little mad?" Raven asked sensing Jinx's mind. Jinx shrugged at this and looked away.

"Aaah, I see, you actually respect his skills as a leader and you know you'd feel the same if the situation was reversed." Raven smiled slowly, she wasn't sure if Robin would take that as a compliment or not.

"Stop that." Jinx snapped looking back with a glare.

"I'll stop if you just tell me what's really been going on." Raven retorted, Jinx looked back at the wall and forced down the bubble of thoughts threatening to arise to the surface.

"I know you didn't do all the things people said they saw you do, and not just because you were with me for one of them, so I want to know why you supposedly confessed to Robin and demanded to be taken to jail and haven't tried to escape from here. Except for attacking Kid Flash that is." Raven said leadingly, she felt the memory light up in Jinx's mind and grabbed it.

"You didn't think it was him, or any of us for that matter!" Raven said triumphantly, Jinx's head snapped back and she glared at her furiously.

"Get. OUT!" She shouted jumping up. Sounds suddenly made themselves apparent on the edge of Jinx's hearing, she dashed to the door and pressed her ear to it.

"You can't get out like that you know." Raven said getting up, her eyebrows arched when she saw how pale Jinx had gone, the girl grabbed Raven's wrist forcefully.