chapter eleven

Jinx shifted the sketchpad in her hands around so the binding wasn't cutting into her fingers like it was before, she'd originally intended on drawing in the Titan's living room, with those huge windows the light in there was much better than in her room but with Kid Flash feeling sorry for himself for goodness only knows why it was the last place she wanted to be. That and setting fire to things of Kid Flash's was one of her favourite pastimes along with keeping him on his toes around with her. Jinx couldn't help but smirk at this, giving her a slightly unhinged look as she walked along the hallways of the Titans Tower with a manic grin for apparently no reason.

Jinx made her way up to the roof to find that Raven was already there meditating, Jinx paused on the stairs and Raven opened one eye and looked at her levelly. After a few moments of silence and apparent sizing each other up Jinx made her way over to the ledge and sat down before it, setting out her pens and pencils quietly and then got to work, Raven closed her eyes again and the two sat in silence which was only occasionally broken by the scratching of a pencil and a whispered chant of 'Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos'.

Red X stood sullenly in the mess hall of the Jump City jail waiting for his food to be served to his indented tray, across the room his eyes caught on the figures of the HIVE five boys and his curiosity was piqued. With a full tray of Jail food glop he sat down at their table.

"Oh look, it's mister 'thinks he's too good to be a common villian'." See-More sneered as he sat down at their table.

"Pardon me for knowing when I'm outclassed in 'common', you five do it so well." Red X said smoothly and insultingly.

"Buzz off snot brain." Gizmo snorted and inhaled a mouthful of food.

"Well someone's cranky, did the police not believe you lot when you told them you'd turned to the side of good?" Red X asked with a smile hidden behind his skull mask, in a flash Mammoth was up with one dustbin lid sized hand holding him to the table and the other raised in a threatening fist.

"Say that again, I dare you." He growled menacingly.

"Yeah, we're no good guys!" Billy said indignantly apparently feeling the need to have two of him say this, for emphasis apparently.

"Ah, how very interesting. So let me ask you gentlemen, when was the last time you saw your femme fatale of a leader? Because I can guarantee that I saw her more recently and in much more interesting circumstances." Red X asked provocatively. The HIVE five looked at each other and tried to recall the last time they HAD seen Jinx, it wasn't unlike her to disappear for days at a time or to even not be seen for a whole week even in the same building as them, they slowly started to realise from each other's looks that it had been QUITE some time and Red X was looking more and more smug with each passing second.

"I saw her last night." Red X said simply as Mammoth released him.

"Oh ha ha." Gizmo said flatly and rolling his eyes at what he was sure was going to be innuendo.

"-when she arrested me, along with the other Titans." Red X finished with an unseen Cheshire cat grin.

"Yeah right, pull the other one." See-More said with a slight uncertainty in his voice, he remembered how Jinx had looked at Kid Flash.

"Yes, she did seem awfully concerned about Kid Flash." He continued as if reading See-More's mind and went through the motion of inspecting his nails, not that he could see them through his gloves but sometimes reality really did have to give way to style.

See-More shot Gizmo a panicked look, this was sounding more than possible now; Gizmo frowned, even Billy and Mammoth looked concerned, Gizmo didn't even bother looking at Kyd Wykkyd, he was rarely expressive.