chapter six

Kid Flash couldn't help himself, he just had to stare; Jinx was walking around the Titans Tower barefoot. He'd accidentally ripped her purple and black striped stockings on the way over, the fact that he now knew that Jinx wore stockings as opposed to stripy tights as he'd previously assumed filled his mind with interesting mental images as it was. So she'd excused herself and returned barefoot and barelegged, and his eyes were most definitely glued to her. She was exceedingly pale, but then again so was he; her legs were lithe muscle but equally toned and shapely, her ankles were skinny and dainty and even her perfect little toenails were alternately painted in her purple and black colour theme.

Thankfully Jinx had yet to notice his latest fascination with her which probably largely counted for the fact that he was still alive and well, she was padding around examining the newer security system. Granted he'd seen her legs bare before when they were at the beach but then there was much more exposed skin for him to ogle.

"What are the Titans going to say when they find out I'm here?" Jinx asked suddenly turning around and making her dress swish against her bare thighs, in a massive effort Kid Flash wrenched his eyes upward.

"I'll deal with them, don't you worry." He said reassuringly. Jinx watched him silently for a moment as if considering how best to phrase her next question, he shifted uncomfortably under her scrutiny, this was obviously the clue she'd been waiting for as she spoke again after this.

"You've not told them about me at all have you?" She said fixing him what Kid Flash had now started to refer to as 'the look' not entirely threatening, not entirely angry or anything like that, just a solid and almost tangible in it's force look, it was the kind that made your brain try and escape out of the back of your skull to avoid it.

"Not as such… I've told Robin that I met a very lovely girl who helped me escape Madame Rouge." He smiled charmingly and intentionally left out the part where he'd repeatedly claimed to Robin that he loved her.

"To be fair… considering as he's the ex-sidekick of the world's greatest detective he really should have asked so he's not really got any excuse to be surprised. He didn't even ask me your name." Kid Flash mused.

"Probably not how he'll see it." Jinx said rolling her eyes, she knew that if one of the HIVE boys had kept something like that from her as leader she'd have gone ballistic and she had no doubt Robin would do the same. Kid Flash shrugged at this as if the idea didn't bother him at all, Jinx sagged at this and flopped onto the step behind her.

"This isn't going to work Flash, we're just… Kidding ourselves. I could never be a hero and even if I really wanted to the Titans would never let me." Jinx sighed resting her head in her hands, Kid Flash was at her side in a second with a reassuring smile plastered onto his face.

"Don't worry I already know what Robin's going to say." He smiled wrapping an arm around her, Jinx could feel the tension in his arm and the action was obviously done warily with him willing to rip his arm back at any moment should she decide to hex him, this made her just sigh deeper.

"What's he going to say?" She asked him tiredly.

"He'll say no." Kid Flash said simply and rubbed Jinx's back soothingly.

"Why on earth are you so happy then?" Jinx gawped at him and ignored the ministrations of his hand rubbing calming circles on her back.

"Because deciding if a new Titan is to join is a democratic thing if two Titans disagree. Starfire will trust you if she sees you want to change and, well, Beast Boy let Terra in so that's plain sailing there and Cyborg is usually up for giving people a second chance, so you're all set!" Kid Flash grinned at her, Jinx thought about this for a moment.