Chapter eight

Jinx was glad that as yet she'd not been asked to change her outfit, her first encounter fighting crime would be bad enough without feeling out of her own skin, although having to follow orders from Robin was verging on being worse. She looked up at the tall building that was the museum, she felt the nearly irrepressible urge to climb the decorative stonework on the outside to the roof, the museum may never have been a challenging heist but it was always a fun climb up the outside.

"Star, Raven, you two stay back for Arial surveillance I'm not having more people escape out of here from us. Cyborg, Beast Boy, take the back entrance through the museum and wait for further orders. Kid Flash, try and get the most valuable objects in the museum out of harms way without being noticed. Jinx, you're coming with me to the roof, I'm not letting you out of my sight." Robin ordered, the other titans nodded wordlessly and spread out.

"Try not to kill him, please?" Kid Flash whispered in her ear as he zipped past, Jinx smiled gently at this, Robin would not goad her into doing something dumb.

"Can you climb or do you need a hand up?" Robin asked patronisingly, Jinx nodded curtly and the two began to climb.

Robin was a surprisingly fast climber, but a fairly sloppy one at that. Jinx watched him as she sprung up and latched her hands onto a giant stone flower, Robin reached for his hand hold on the face of a greek goddess and shimmied himself over so he could put his left foot on a stone satyr set into the wall. Jinx felt the pink energy under her skin prick up in warning.

"I wouldn't put your foot on that." Jinx said quickly from below him.

"Why? Going to make it fall off?" Robin hissed at her, his lack of faith in her plainly evident.

"No, but you will. I don't just make bad things happen I KNOW when they're going to happen, precognition if you will, and if you put your foot on that it'll go wrong." Jinx said exasperatedly as she climbed up to his level, Robin eyed her coldly and put his foot on it anyway. The stone satyr cracked and gave way sending Robin off balance, Jinx snatched his flailing hand to stop him falling and glowered.

"I told you!" She hissed irritated.

"You did that!" Robin snarled back.

"I did not!" Jinx snapped at him and the stone shattered loudly on the floor below.

"Hey, what was that?" A voice said from below.

"Oh, nice one bird brain." Jinx growled and threw Robin up the remaining half meter onto the roof and lept catlike up herself cutting short her semi-enjoyable climb. She shoved an indignant Robin out of sight and ducked down herself, flattening her hair to reduce her visibility.

"I don't see nothing." Another voice from below said and the sound of retreating footsteps made it clear that the pair had gone back to whatever it was that they were doing to enable the heist inside.

"Close. Now come on, I know a way in here." Jinx said looking around at the nearly bare roof.

"I know, the ventilation shaft." Robin said walking towards it.

"Or, we could use the loose ceiling panel that leads into the support beams for the chandelier that all the decent crooks use to get in here." Jinx said with a smirk, no matter how good the boy was he'd never have the know how that the other side did about breaking and entering. Robin narrowed his eyes at her but didn't move, taking this as acceptance Jinx counted along and across the tiles until she came to the one.

"It's this one." She said pointing down. Robin looked at her expectantly.

"I don't know what you're looking at me like that for, this tile is too heavy for me to lift by myself, I normally have people to do these things for me." Jinx said narrowing her eyes, for all her strengths as a fighter strength itself wasn't one of them.