chapter fifteen

Kid Flash was pacing, and because it was him he was doing it ridiculously fast, thankfully his room had no carpet in it, for this reason in fact. He wasn't at the tower, he was pacing furiously in the flat that he'd been staying in before the titans came back – because, let's face it, that tower was immensely creepy with no one else in it. And right now he needed somewhere to think that didn't have Robin or Jinx or anyone else in it.

The reason Kid Flash was so stressed was Robin's firmness on his statement that he'd seen Jinx, punk parade and a broken communicator aside, Robin was so rarely wrong when it came to seeing faces, the boy had a photographic memory for crying out loud! And now Robin was making him doubt Jinx, it wasn't that Kid Flash didn't love or trust her but he'd known Robin practically his whole life and he knew better than to doubt his friend so completely.

He groaned and massaged his temples, maybe Robin WAS right, Robin had known Jinx longer than he had and regardless of Cyborg's opinion that Robin just couldn't let go of the idea of Jinx as a villain he knew that Robin had a talent for seeing right through people.

But people changed didn't they? Villains reformed and good guys turned bad, it wasn't unheard of, uncommon yes but not impossible. So maybe Jinx was still a little rough around the edges and not as pure in her motivations as the others and Robin was just picking up on that and refusing to let go.

But maybe Jinx had just been honest about her motivations, Robin founded the Titans just as much for the common good as to prove to his mentor that he could do it, Raven was doing it to prove to herself that even though she came from evil she was good, and what of him? Sure he did it because it was good and it was right, but he knew a part of him loved the attention and being the hero and making the girls swoon after him, and to be honest it was something to DO for him; because with all the time he had on his hands he needed to do something.

He collapsed on a chair in front of his kitchen counters and rested his head on the cool surface.

"Why does my certainty have to abandon me now?" He moaned into the counter surface. With a deep sigh he lifted his head up and stared dismally across the kitchen until his eyes fell upon the plant pot with his much abused flowers in.

"So you survived Jinx too then?" He asked them admiring how well they'd grown since he'd last been here, which was a surprise as plants normally died around him instantly, he didn't exactly have a green thumb, he could barely keep a cactus alive.

"Maybe this is a sign," He mused staring at the faintly glowing flowers, no doubt mutated a little by Jinx's hexes, "that things with Jinx will be okay and Robin was wrong." He added hopefully.

With his resolve slightly stiffened he sped off back to the tower and practically knocked Jinx of her feet. Jinx yelped as suddenly yellow and red arms fastened around her waist into an almost bone-crushing hug.

"What are you doing?!" She demanded shocked, it was only then that she felt the tiny whimper of fear from the boy who had his face buried in the crook of her neck, he was shaking a little. Jinx tried to relax and soften her voice a little, something was obviously up.

"Kid Flash?" She asked warily.

"Mmm." He confirmed from her neck and squeezed her tighter.

"You okay?" Jinx asked trying to turn to look at him, for a moment it seemed like he wouldn't let her move until he slowly relaxed his grip so she could turn.

"I guess." He said with a weak smile, Jinx fidgeted, she wasn't too good at the whole caring thing.

"This was easier back when I could just hex you and tell you to get lost, now I actually get concerned about how you feel." Jinx smirked at him, he laughed genuinely this time and tilted his head so he was looking at her as opposed to trying to press every inch of his face into Jinx's shoulders.