chapter ten

Kid Flash walked down the hallway deep in thought, he'd considered before that Jinx liked him because she tolerated him and was even occasionally nice to him, not of course overlooking the fact the he'd convinced her to turn her life around but she may have done that without him. He stopped when he saw steel toe capped boots entered the top of his vision, Robin was standing just down the hallway from him blocking the passageway.

"Kid Flash." He said flatly, Kid Flash grimaced at this, he and Robin used to be friends.

"Robin." He said less harshly than Robin had greeted him, "Looks like Jinx proved you wrong, huh?" He said staring at his own reflection in the tip of the boots in front of him.

"For now." Robin said turning his head away, silence fell between the two boys.

"She'll betray you you know!" Robin blurted out, Kid Flash scowled.

"You're a jerk sometimes, you know that Robin?" He retorted and turned around to walk off, but a hand on his arm stopped him. He tilted his head slightly to see Robin looking at him imploringly, Kid Flash sighed.

"I know I know, it's only because you care." Kid Flash said holding up his hands, Robin relaxed at this, "that and you're too maladjusted to actually SAY that. You bat-family types really need some therapy." Kid Flash smirked.

"Coming from the boy wearing skin-tight spandex?" Robin asked pinching a fingerful of the stretchy material and pulling it away from the red-head's body and letting it go a moment later with a satisfying snap noise.

"Yowch!" Kid Flash yelped jumping backwards and rubbing where the spandex had pinged him, now he knew what the girls in his school had felt like when they first started getting bra's and he'd do this to them, no wonder he got hit a lot.

"I HAVE to wear this, you know that. Small clothing fires are never fun." Kid Flash pointed out.

"Yeah yeah, you're no better than the guys at the beach who wear Speedos two sizes too small." Robin laughed at him, Kid Flash rolled his eyes and shoved Robin away with a laugh.

"You're awful. How about we work on a friendly conversation? I could give you a hug?" Kid Flash offered open armed.

"You could get lost." Robin retorted rolling his own eyes.

"Aww come on, you're blatantly hug-deprived, I guess the big bat's not one for Kodak moments huh? Come on, hug!" Kid Flash demanded, Robin seemed to consider this before throwing a smoke pellet and legging it in the opposite direction. Kid Flash laughed and gave chase through the smoke shouting 'hug!' after him.

Cyborg looked up just as the yells came charging down the hallway, he saw Robin dashing manically away from an open armed Kid Flash who was trying to laugh and run at the same time, it was obviously slowing him down.

"HUG ME!" Kid Flash shouted between bouts of laughter.

"NEVER!" Robin shouted back and skidded around a corner quickly followed by the yellow and red speedster.

"That was… the oddest thing I've seen in a while." Cyborg muttered thoroughly weirded out, he looked down the hallway to see an equally confused and disturbed Jinx standing at her door open mouthed.

"Hey Jinx." Cyborg greeted her quietly, this was the first time he'd caught her alone since she joined the Titans. The girl seemed to hesitate between ignoring him and returning to her room and talking to him, she eventually chose the latter.

"Cyborg." She nodded and reluctantly walked to his door.

"We've never… you know, talked since HIVE." Cyborg began carefully, Jinx narrowed her eyes slightly at him.