chapter five

Kid Flash or rather Wally West stood nervously in the ER department of the hospital nervously, hospitals made him nervous at any rate, it was a place where one's superpower and thus secret identity could be discovered all too easily as one was not only around educated people but around educated people who were looking for things wrong or abnormal with you. He was surprised to learn that it was worse when it was someone else you cared about was in trouble, he felt a pang of sympathy for his aunt Iris who he frequently seemed to put through troubles like this.

"So tell me again what happened kid?" The nurse asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"She was mad at me, I think her… family, just kicked her out. And she went nuts and started attacking me then fell over unable to breathe and just… passed out." Wally said nervously, the nurse eyed him disbelievingly.

"You DO realise who this is dontcha kid? She's a villain, she'll attack anyone for no reason. It's probably just karma just catching up to her." The nurse said looking disdainfully at the unconscious pink haired girl at her side.

"She- it's not like that with me. We're friends. She wouldn't just attack me like that, couldn't it have been some kind of, I don't know, panic attack or seizure something?" Wally said desperately.

"Trust me sweetie, girls like this, they're bad to the bone and a nice boy like you would do well to stay away from girls like her." She said eyeing Jinx over like a piece of meat. Wally turned to look closer at Jinx, she was out cold and her breathing was shallow, her hair was still roughly in its horn shape but ruffled and bedraggled and she was worryingly more pale than usual.

"There are no girls like her; she's all I care about. It's strange to say it, a month ago I wouldn't have believed it either but… she's… enchanting." Wally stroked Jinx's face and continued, "She's not evil, she's not really even bad just mostly… misunderstood and a little mean at times. But she's just so perfect, if the hand of god himself were to come down and make a woman just for me… it'd be her. So no, I'm not going to stay away from her, so get her better so I can take her out of here." He said defiantly looking at the nurse, he wasn't going to have people talking about Jinx like that anymore.

The nurse shook her head sadly and left Wally alone with the unconscious Jinx in the small curtained off area that was theirs for the moment.

"You'd probably throttle me if you were awake and heard me say that wouldn't you Jinxie?" Wally smiled gently as he pulled up a chair and rested his face on her bedside, he was also aware that if Jinx ever heard him call her Jinxie she'd kill him too. The smile faded a little, Jinx could be seriously ill and he had no idea why. The idea that the HIVE five might have had something to do with it, hurting her even, made his blood boil with a rage and fire that he'd never felt before, it scared him more than just a little.

"What happened to you Jinx? Did they really kick you out? Was that what you meant by 'left', what happened to you Jinx? Please be okay, please?" He begged flopping his head down onto the bed hopelessly.

It was some time later, it felt like night to Jinx, that she woke up. A familiar redhead was resting on her bed and when Jinx tilted her head she saw that his eyes were closed and he was asleep, at her bedside, in a hospital.

"How horribly clichéd." Jinx muttered pulling herself out from between the sheets and shoving her feet in her boots at the side of her bed. She picked up the chart at the end of her bed and glanced over it, it read 'panic attack'. She snorted at this and rolled her eyes. As if. She glanced around, leaving Kid Flash with the medical bill should be at least a step to repaying her for all the trouble he'd put her through, she stepped over towards the curtain and slid it open carefully.