chapter four

Kid Flash spun through his flat with the standing lamp in his arms, even though it had been several days since he'd seen Jinx he still felt blissfully happy that she seemed to be taking to him a little more, and on top of that his flowers had survived. He would have seen Jinx sooner but Robin needed some help doing detective work for this whole brotherhood of evil thing, or as he called it 'detectoring', purely because the made up word drove Robin up the wall. Sadly he dropped the lamp, it wasn't right. He wanted to be dancing with Jinx, to have her pressed against him as they danced. He supposed that if she'd not hexed him on the beach she might not if he tried to dance with her, with a devilish grin he sped off.

Jinx had decided that she was hungry and that a decent pasta meal would just hit the spot, so she'd resolved to leave her room for a change, she'd been almost exclusively in there the past few days, and head for the kitchen. Just as Jinx stepped out into the hallway she was knocked off of her feet, when she came to her senses she found Kid Flash spinning her around in some silly dance.

"Get OFF of me!" She snapped shoving him back, the boy looked momentarily surprised before grinning at her broadly.

"Aww, I'm sorry. It was just no fun dancing around my flat imagining you dancing so I had to come here and experience the real thing." He said in a sing-song voice and spun in a little dance with an imaginary partner.

"Just how long have you been standing out here waiting for me?" Jinx asked incredulously.

"A fair while actually, come on dance with me." Kid Flash whined and pulled Jinx flush against him and grabbed her hand and swung her unwillingly into the dance again.

"Get off of me!" Jinx said stamping her feet in an effort to remain still, Kid Flash was so like an impatient child at moments like this, just running with the silliest little whim that crossed his mind, she wouldn't have minded but lately these silly whims seemed to involve her.

"Oh I get it, you just don't know how to dance do you? Here." Kid Flash said swiftly picking Jinx up off the floor and carrying her as he spun in his own little dance circles. Jinx was momentarily speechless, how could the boy be so dim and rash? No one else would ever DARE do such a thing to her, it was so unthinkable Jinx almost didn't know how to react, this matter wasn't helped by the fact that Kid Flash had erased the height difference between them and they were now nose to nose.

"See, it's not so bad is it?" He said quietly, taking her silence to mean acceptance of the situation. He carefully watched Jinx's expressions as she desperately tried to come up with something to say, he enjoyed throwing her off balance so much.

"Haven't I hexed you enough for you to get the idea?" Jinx scowled but, Kid Flash noted happily, didn't struggle or try and squirm out of his grip.

"Apparently not." Kid Flash replied simply and pressed his nose to her feeling the temptation to kiss her rise again. Their last kiss had been so quick he's barely registered it, he remembered the softness of her lips though, that part of the memory was probably burned into his brain forever now.

"I'll hex you." Jinx said weakly, it was impossible to glower at someone whose face was so close to yours that you had to go cross-eyed to see them properly.

"If you hex me again do I get to kiss you again?" he asked in a serious voice that Jinx had never heard from him before.

"Put me down." Jinx said firmly, Kid Flash obeyed and gently Jinx's thick soled boots touched the floor but Kid Flash still kept his arms around her. Jinx's brain didn't seem to be working properly and the only thing she could come up with to say was-

"You're so warm." Jinx murmured and noticed she'd pressed her hand against his stomach.

"Fast metabolism, I burn up a lot of heat. Oh wow, your hands are really cold." Kid Flash said letting his eyes slide closed, sometimes his muscles and metabolism just made him burn up so much and Jinx's cold hands were such a relief from that. He felt her take her hand back, he opened his eyes again.