Roses [♬16]

Shawn surprises you at your birthday party, and sings this new song. He stares at you the entire time, and you know it's about you.

 He stares at you the entire time, and you know it's about you

May Weber, Shawn Mendes' best friend. Everyone knows me, but only for that reason. When Shawn become famous, so did I, when Shawn gains a large number of followers, I seem to gain a few new friends.

Of course, I cared, of course, it bothered me. I was already bad at making new friends, had a few trust issues, and then this added to it all.

I had one close friend, (besides Shawn of course.) I also had my boyfriend and his best friend. They were my only real friends, the only friends I had before Shawn become famous.

Jane Foster, Mike Collins, and Jake Ashley. They were the only ones. I hated being in this situation, I usually ignored it, but this time I couldn't.

My 18th birthday, it was a big one, besides turning 16 of course, I was now an adult. I was younger than Shawn so I had always found my self-asking him what it was like to be a year older, he would laugh, over the phone of course, then change the subject.

Everyone was here, at my birthday party. It was a local community center, with everyone that had possibly talked to me, but the only ones that really deserved to be there were Jane, Mike, and Jake.

"Hey, friend!" Jake smiled.

"Hey, so when are you asking Jane out again?"

"What? I am not interested in Jane."

"Yeah you are, Mike told me."

"Why!"

"Because we are dating, it's a mandatory thing."

"Where is he!"

"Other there," I said as I pointed to Mike who was conveniently talking to Jane.

Many people came and talked to me, many asking about Shawn, asking if he was coming, the answer was lamest always no. He was busy, I understood that I just wish I got to see him a little more, or a lot more.

"Where!" Jane yelled

"There!" Jake replied

I ignored their hollering, taking with more people I didn't like, more people I didn't know, more people asking about Shawn.

Where were my parents? Why did my friends leave with a bunch of crazed teens that only want to get into my best friends pants?

"It's not that I'm afraid I'm not enough for her
It's not that I can't find the words to say."

Shawn.

I knew it was him the moment, the song started, the moment his voice came into hearing range. He wouldn't miss my party, my birthday party, yet I didn't recognize the song.

I pushed my way through the crowd until I saw him. His face light up when he saw me, he smiled into the mic but contained to sing, sing a song I had never heard, that no one around me knew either.

Tell me if I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose and I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?

He was singing to me, he usually did, but not like this, he would sing to me, but break eye contact, he would smile at other girls, look at his band than his guitar. This time he only looked at me.

He was singing to me, for me, the song was for me.

But there's no way that he can feel the same
Cause when I think of you, my mind goes wild

I can't believe he would do this, here I stand looking at Shawn, standing beside my boyfriend, I couldn't believe this was happening. I broke eye contact with Shan and immediately stopped off.

There will be a second part ❤️I have two jobs, and I am in college, this is why I haven't updated in so long

I have two jobs, and I am in college, this is why I haven't updated in so long. I am so sorry :(