My Mind is a Prison [♬40]

-Based on Alec Benjamin's new song (listen to it, if you haven't heard it!)
- signs of depression

Imagine having a terrible day and trying to find the words to talk to Shawn.

"Babe?" Shawn called from the living room.

But you didn't respond.

"Y/N?" Shawn said as he peered into your shared bedroom.

"Hey." You whispered

"What's going on? Why are you still in bed, its almost dinner time." He said, crawling into the bed with you.

"I am just drained. " You said as you turned your back towards him, hoping he would get the hint to let you be.

"I, I don't want to push, but it feels like more than that." He whispered into your ear as he pulled you closer into his chest.

"I don't want to talk about it, Shawn. I am sorry." You felt a tear roll down your cheek and prayed that Shawn wouldn't notice.

"Okay, but, you know you can, right? Literally anything, you have been my girlfriend for a long time and my best friend for even longer. You can tell me anything."

You stayed quiet for a few moments while Shawn continued to hug you. He reached across your body and wiped the tear that you thought he hadn't noticed.

He placed a kiss on your cheek before laying back down next to you. He nuzzled his head into the nook of your neck. You smiled, you took a deep breath, and you wanted to talk to Shawn, but you didn't know-how.

Maybe you would find the words if you just started talking, perhaps if you just told him, things would be easier.

You opened your mouth, but no sound came out, just a small sound that Shawn hadn't noticed. If he had, he must have thought it was a shaky breath.

You closed your mouth and eyes and tried your best to hold yourself together. You knew that Shawn would help, you knew that talking to anyone would help, but you could never find the words.

There has to be a reason why you feel like this, yet you can't seem to find any trauma, any fear, you're just sad.

There has to be a reason for everything, doesn't there? Maybe that's why it was hard to talk about because you felt like others had it worse. Perhaps you were complaining about something that maybe you weren't really feeling.

Shawn hugged you tighter for a few seconds before crawling out of bed and walking over to your side.

He kneeled in front of you, brushed your hair from your face, and smiled.

You tried to smile back, but it was just a thank you, nothing more.

"I am going to start dinner. I will let you know when it's ready. If your hungry or not, you should try to eat at least a little. Maybe we can watch a movie after?" He said

"Yeah, maybe. I don't think I am going to eat anything though Shawn. I had some food earlier, so I have eaten. I just want to stay in bed for a while."

"Alright, babe."

He stood to his feet and walked towards the door. You knew he had stopped at the doorframe for a few moments. He watched you a little longer, probably feeling disappointed that he couldn't help.

You heard him sign once more before his soft footsteps headed down the hall and into the kitchen.

- Part Two will Be Up Tomorrow!!- I have really missed you guys!

- I have really missed you guys!