Surprise Surprise

Before he got a chance to finish, a swarm of girls came running towards us, or more likely Harry. Right as I look at Harry, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my seat.

“ahhhhh…. Harry…. Ahhhh” rang through my ears. “We love you Harry.”

We ran through the kitchen to the door in the back where his car was parked about maybe 100 feet away from us. It looked like Harry knew where he was going so he must have done it before. I didn’t dare think, since everything was happening so fast.

We got up to 50 feet to the car before girls came from the side and we had to run away from the car. Damn, we were so close. I felt my side burning and cramping up but I didn’t slow down one bit. Harry was still holding my hand was we ran away. I looked at the back of his head since I was running behind him. His curls bouncing up and down and he ran. Suddenly he stopped. He held me behind him as if he was protecting me from something, or someone.

My chest rose and fell as I grasped for air and I could hear Harry breathing hard.

“Keep your head down.” Harry basically pleaded.

I didn’t want to argue with him or ask what was going on so I nodded my head, even though I knew he couldn’t see me. I kept my head down and let my hair cover my face. I could feel sweat forming on the top of my forehead where my hairline was.

He held my hand harder and pulled me closer. Then suddenly all the girls walked towards us, asking him for autographs and pictures, hugs, and asking if he could follow them on twitter. Who was this guy?

“Sorry girls, but not today. I have to get somewhere.” He said pushing his way through the girls.

Through my hair I could see girls glaring at me although they couldn’t see my hair. I kept my eyes down and walked with him. I saw him pull out his ray bans, probably putting them on. I didn’t know where we were walking to, but I trusted that Harry would keep me safe.

He called a cab and we got in. I still had my head down. Once we got in, Harry told the man where to go. Well, our date was ruined. Guess this was the end of it. I looked up at Harry. He was looking through his phone. He looked frustrated.

“uhh, Harry.” I started out.

He looked right at me.  Then he closed his eyes like he was preparing for the worst.

“What happened out there?” I managed.

“Dana, I am so sorry about today. I didn’t want you to have to see this, but I guess. I mean I just wanted to go out and have a nice time, but I guess everyone found out and now.”

His phone started ringing. “Sorry, but I have to take this.”

He looked down at it and closed his eyes and answered.

“Hey Louis.”

I heard some muffled noises. It sounded like there were a couple of people talking at the same time.

I turned away and faced the window, looking through the window. There were busy people with coffee in their hands and bags and folders. They were mostly all wearing suits and rushing by.

“I know I know.” Pause. “I know. I messed up. I thought I was being careful.” Deep breath. “Fine, I’ll be right over.” And with that he put his phone back in his pocket.

“I’m sorry our date ended early.” He whispered. “I guess I wasn’t being careful.” He chuckled.

“No, its fine.” I felt bad. He was acting like it was his fault that all the girls came running up to him. “I guess I can just make myself something to eat for lunch, although I was really looking forward to not cooking.” I joked.