One Big Family

In the middle of the movie, Harry got up and stretched. “My bum hurts sitting on the floor.” he walked over to where Alex and I were sitting and he plopped down next to me.

Alex still had his arm around me so Harry grabbed my hand instead. He rubbed his thumbs in circular motion. His hand was big and manly but so soft. I looked down at our hands then at Harry. He was watching the movie, but he looked like he was concentrating, not on the movie, but on something else.

My gaze shifted from him to the movie, but from the corner of my eyes I could see Zayn watching Harry stroke my hand.

Shortly after, the movie ends.

“Should I start making dinner?” Liam got up.

“Yes please.” Niall shouted.

“Now that I think about it, I am hungry.” Louis said rubbing his belly.

“You can go make dinner and we’ll watch another movie.” Zayn said getting up, stretching and sitting down on mine and Harry’s lap.

“Alright.” Liam said walking out the door.

We all sat in silence for a couple of seconds, before I felt awkward.

“I’ll help you Liam.” I shouted.

I pushed Zayn off of me and got up. I quickly ran out of the room and walked into the kitchen. I saw Liam grabbing a pan and putting it on the stove. He turned around when he heard me walk in.

“Hey.” He said smiling.

“So, what should I do?” I said looking around.

“You know you don’t have to help me. Why don’t you go back to the boys and watch some movies with them.” he grabbed some vegetables out of the fridge.

“Nah, I feel bad, and Alex can do some bonding or whatever with them.” I walked and stood next to him. “So what do you want me to do?”

He looked around as if to see what he can find. “Well I don’t really need much, but how about you cut the veggies and I’ll make spaghetti.”

I nodded and grabbed a knife and a cutting board. I took the veggies and washed them. I started cutting the carrots, celery, cucumber, and whatnot.

After a while we finished.

“All done.” I said turning around.

“What else should we make?” Liam started looking through the fridge.

“How about dessert?” I walked over to him.

“What did you have in mind?”

“Um I was thinking cake?”

“Ok. We can do that.” He got the cake mix, electric mixer, and bowl.

“Let’s make a chocolate-raspberry crème cake.”

“I don’t think we have raspberry.”

“Oh, then I guess we can use something else.” I was a little disappointed.

“How about you get things started and I will go buy some. There is a store close by. I’ll be back in no time.”

“No you don’t have to. I’m sure we can use something else.” I didn’t want him to go to a store just to buy raspberry. That was just rude.

“No its fine. What else do we need?” he shouted walking into his room and came back.

“Well if you insist, we need chocolates, raspberries, whipped cream, heavy cream, sugar, and I think that’s all. I don’t know what you guys already have though.”