chapter twenty four

“Josh, Mary.” I called out to my kids who were playing at the edge of the shore with Zayn. “The Horans are here.”

“The Horans? Really?” Niall looked at me bluntly.

I shrugged my shoulders.

They came running towards me where Niall and Liv helped Lily and Brooke take of their dresses.

“Do you wanna go play in the water?” Liv asked Lily.

She shook her head up and down really fast showing her excitement.

“Alright. Lets go then.” She picked Lily up setting her down on her hips. “Niall, put the lotion on Brooke will yah?” she asked before running towards the water with Lily.

“Come here baby doll.” Niall grabbed the lotion, squeezing some on his hand.

“Daddy, but I don’t like it.” Brooke whined.

“Daddy doesn’t like it either, but your skin is sensitive, so you gotta.” He replied rubbing his hands on her arms.

“Dumb skin.” She looked down at her arm, glaring at them.

“Give me your face.” Niall waited for her to look up.

“Daddy.” She whined.

“Alright, I'm done, I'm done. Quit your whining and go play with the Styles.” He looked at me when he said that, taunting me for calling them the Horans. He ruffled her head as she got up and ran away towards the water.

“You should put some lotion on.” I said to Niall.

“But I don’t like it.” He made a disgusted face.

“You are such a hypocrite.” I laughed pushing him a little.

“That’s what parents are.” He said raising his snapback a little, shaking his hair, and then setting it back down.

I raised an eyebrow at him. “You have sensitive skin Niall. Put it on, we don’t want you looking like a lobster when we leave.”

“Fine, mother.” He emphasized the word mother.

“Shut up. I’m much worst.” I winked at him laughing.

“By far.”

Charlie was playing with the sand next to me, so I joined him, making sand castles with him. Once Niall was done, he helped us.

“Should we go to the water now?” I asked Charlie.

He just shook his head. I guess he was having too much fun playing with the sand.

“Come on Charlie, the sand is better wet.” Niall tried persuading him.

Charlie looked up at the wet sand, debating whether he wanted to go or not. He got up to his feet then slowly walked to the water.

I got up and followed him with Niall.

We laughed (not in a mean way, but in an aww way.) as Charlie was having a hard time walking in the sand.

“Come here Charles.” Niall scooped him up, setting him on his shoulders.

“Niall be careful.” I say like a worried mother.

“He’s fine.” Niall walked next to me.

“Niall, you sure this is safe?” I get closer to him and Charlie, putting one hand behind Charlie’s back and another holding his leg.

“The party has arrived.” I heard Lou yell from behind us.

“Hey guys.” I waved at them releasing Charlie’s leg for a quick second.