You Actually Have Friends

I woke up with my neck cramping. I got up and rubbed my neck to try to relieve the pain, but that did nothing. I let out a dramatic yawn and stretched. I turned around to find Harry and Louis sleeping together. Strange children they are.

I got up realizing I was hungry. I walked to the kitchen and looked at my phone. It was 10:15 am. I felt that if I stayed too long, I was using the guys, so instead of grabbing something to eat from their kitchen I walked out the door. I took the elevator down to the lobby and walked out of the main door to face the warm sun beaming down at me.

I called a cab and got dropped off at my house. I really hoped Jake wasn’t home. He was the last person I wanted to see, ever. I quietly unlocked the door. It was quiet in the house so far. I tiptoed into my room to see if Jake was in there. Nope. I let out a sighed and turned around, but shrieked when I saw Alex standing there by the door.

“Well well well. Look who we have here.” He was trying to be mad at me but I can see he was failing horribly.

“Please don’t start lecturing me.” I reached up and ran my hands through my hair.

“Where have you been? I have been worried sick. You won’t answer my calls. Jake won’t tell me what the hell happened. What the hell happened?”

I walked over to my bed and sat down. My elbow touched my knee and my hand in my head. I was on the verge of crying. I tried breathing slowly to stop the tears from coming.

I heard Alex let out a sigh and walked over to me. He sat down next to me and awkwardly wrapped his arm around me.

“You wanna talk about it over a bucket of ice cream?” he asked.

I chuckled. “Yes please. I would like that.”

He got up and walked out of the room to grab the ice cream from the kitchen and came back. He had two spoons in one hand and an ice cream in the other. I slumped into the bed and Alex joined. He opened the ice cream bucket and put it between us.

“So where is Jake?” I wanted to make sure he didn’t come barging in while I talked with Alex.

“I had him run some crazy errands for me to keep his mind off of things.”

“That’s good.” I whispered.

“So you wanna tell me what happened?”

“So at the party, Jake got a call, so I walked over to answer it for him, but.” I choked. “It was a girl asking for him and talking about their hook up the night before.” I couldn’t hold it in anymore and let the tears run down my face.

“He cheated on you?” Alex jumped up and looked furious.

This is what I loved about him. He was protective like family, but was laid back like a friend.

He looked at me. “And you are smiling at this, why?” he stopped pacing around the room and walked over to me.

“It’s cute to see you like this.” I chuckled.

“What? I can be protective, can’t it?”

“Oh of course you can. Dad!” I joked.

“Oh that’s it. You asked for it.” and he jumped on the bed and started tickling me. Not too much because he knows I hate being tickled.

We caught our breath and started eating the ice cream again.

“You are too good for him.” He finally said.

“You are too good for me.” I said resting my head on his shoulder.

“So you over him?” he whispered.