Chapter Five- Silas

IVORY'S POINT OF VIEW

The sound of thunder made me nearly jump out of my skin as I sat crossed legged on the floor in the warehouse playing connect four with Silas. Jade and Ohaji were in a meeting with some guys so he ways keeping me company.

"Why are you so quiet all the time? I've only heard you talk twice" I tell Silas causing him to furrow his eyebrows together and look down before a smile spread across his face making the dimples in his face show. When he looked up at me I pushed his dread locks out of his face and he smiled again showing the white teeth in his mouth.

"I didn't think you'd want to talk to someone like me" Silas said and that's when I heard his accent that I'd heard before. I knew he was from New Orleans by the way he pronounced things and his southern attitude.

"I need friends so of course I'd talk to you" I tell him shrugging and he smiled again before we continued playing the game. Occasionally he'd look up at me and smile and I did the same. I could feel he was really shy and that's exactly how I use to be.

"I'm sixteen and I was born and raised in New Orleans I moved to Cali last year with my older sister and her husband but when they found out I was slanging the kicked me out" Silas said hanging his head. I could tell all he wanted was to belong and now I see why Jade sort of acted like a older brother/mentor to him.

"We could be friends if you'd like, don't worry I won't judge what you do" I tell him shrugging and he smiled again.

"I want to be friends, I kind of hate not talking cause I like to talk my mama use to always tell me I had to watch what I said cause I'd say the wrong thing and get some people mad and when I got here Jade told me the same thing so I just decided not to talk much" Silas said shrugging and I smiled at how he pronounced everything.

"I was kind of the same way growing up except it was my dad who told me to stop talking so I just started keeping things to myself, I'm a really emotionally person if you get to know me" I tell him and he nodded before scratching his head. I admired how neat and long his dreads were, they hung to the center of his back and it went well with his dark brown skin and eyebrows.

"Sometimes I get scared being around here because I feel like I won't make it to see twenty but the streets are all I've ever known" Silas said looking down and I could feel and hear the hurt in his voice as he spoke.

"Do you want to get out of here? We can go do something today?" I asked him and he Immediately raised his eyebrow and stood up pulling me up after. I remembered Jade told me to hold his car keys so I had them in my pocket which saved me from having to ask him because I knew he'd say no and make a big scene.

Silas and I snuck out of the warehouse and went to Jades care making sure the coast was clear before pulling out and driving away hoping that nobody was going to notice for awhile.

"You always wear white shirts, you want to go shopping, your to cute to dress plain" I tell him holding up Jades black card causing his eyes to grow wide. I watched Silas take the card from me and look over it making sure it was the real thing.

"He's going to kill us you know that right? He might actually kill us" Silas said grinning and we both bust out laughing.

When we pulled up to the mall Silas practically jumped out of the car and ran to my side helping me out. He was honestly so adorable and made me wish I had a younger brother like hill his sister had no idea what she was missing out on.

The first store I pulled him in was footlocker and told him to get as many shoes as he wanted, I mean it's not like I was paying this was all on Jade d I'm sure he won't mind that much he seems like a reasonable person.