Chapter Twenty Nine- Forgiveness and Addiction

JADES POINT OF VIEW

I had Don find out where my pops lays his head so I could pay him a quick visit. No I wasn't going to kill him but I needed to know what was going on and I needed my closure.

I observed the huge house in front of me before lightly knocking and stepping back to wait. A couple minutes later a teenage girl came to the door and looked me over with a shocked facial expression and she bit her lower lip.

"Can I help you?" She asked blushing and tried to fix her messy bun causing me to roll my eyes and lean against the door frame.

"I want to speak with Jaheim Scott, is he here?" I asked and she frowned and told me to wait a moment before disappearing inside the house. When she walked away some lil nigga who looked her age came to the door and side eyed me.

"What the fuck you want with my pops?" He asked crossing his arms and I smirked and shook my head. I hope this pussy ass nigga ain't suppose to be my brother.

"I ain't come her for your ass so get up at my face lil homie and respect your elders" I told him as my dad came to the door looking fearful. He quickly stepped outside and closed the door as I looked him over.

He looked practically the same minus the gray hair. It's kinda ironic that O and I inspired to be like him but it turns out he was a cop all along so in reality all of this could of been avoided if he would of just came clean from he beginning.

"I know your mad at me but please don't take this out on my family, they don't know about any of this and I'd like to keep it that way"he said glancing at the front door and I smacked my teeth and sat down on one of the chairs he had on his porch.

"I ain't come her for all that nigga, I really could give a fuck less about you or your lil family, I came for answers and to hear more about this police investigation" I said looking straight ahead.

"Just because I wasn't in your life doesn't mean I wasn't checking up on you. Every time you and your brother were arrested I knew about it and tried the best I could to get you out of trouble. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about you or Ohaji and I know what I did was wrong or maybe the fact that you both won't ever forgive me, but son from the bottom of my heart I'm so sorry for all the pain I caused the both of you. How's your mother?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"She's six feet under. Died of a drug overdose in rehab" I shrugged not even thinking about. I'd cried enough tears over her and I can't bring back the dead so whats the point?

"I-I'm so sorry to hear that, she was the first woman I'd ever fell in love with" he said with a small smile to cover up the obvious tears forming in his eyes.

"I thought you said your punk ass was married?" I said and he chuckled and got comfortable on the front porch and down next to me.

"My wife Denise was some girl I was dating who got pregnant with your older brother Alex and I was forced to marry her by my mother and father because it was the Christian thing to do. About five years later I was working as a police officer and I was only twenty four and because I was young and fresh cut they assigned my partner David and I to go undercover. I became really good friends with Victor right away he said it was something about me he trusted and knew I wouldn't betray him he also introduced me to your mother who was a college girl at the time" he said and my eyes grew wide.

"Continue please" I tell him as I leaned back and he smiled as he reminisced.

"I remember seeing her and falling in love without having a conversation. So after a couple of weeks of perusing her I took her out and we ended up having sex resulting in Ohaji's birth. At that time I had three kids with my wife and I started spending less and less time with her to be with you guys. Your mom didn't know nobody but Victor not even David did and then when she got pregnant with you I was so deep into the drug game I started to forget I was even a cop. I was killing people and becoming ruthless. Then when David found out he gave me a choice, either I let everything go and walk away or he'd tell my wife and I'd loose my job. Son I know it was wrong but I didn't have a choice and on top of that I couldn't bring myself to turn in Victor. I never meant to get so attached to you and Ohaji but I did" he sniffled as he turned his head and I spotted my brother and I's name on his neck.