Chapter Twenty- The News

IVORY'S POINT OF VIEW

I stared at my father as we sat at a empty dinner table just the two of us and he ate pancakes without a care in the world. I looked down at my plate briefly then back up at him and he did the same giving me a small smile.

"Where mom?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows together and dropped his fork down and tapped his fingers on the table.

"That boyfriend of yours killed her for no reason and that's why you can't ever see him again" my father said and my heart literally broke into a million pieces.

I hadn't seen Jade and exactly a month and he hadn't even attempted to rescue me even though it's not like I was really kidnapped, I was only allowed to leave if I had body guards and I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone on the outside.

"Your lying, just tell me the truth" I say wiping tears out of my eyes. My mother couldn't be gone he had to be making this up.

"I know we've had a ruff past but your the only family I have left and I want to build a relationship and apologize for everything, I'm really not lying Jade and Ohaji Scott are monsters they killed your mother I'm sure he was just using you to get to us" My father said and tears began dropping on the wooden table.

I knew she had to of been dead because I hadn't seen her around but I was praying she was away or just on vacation. I couldn't believe Jade killed my mother and then lied to my face but I shouldn't be surprised he'd done it before when he cheated.

I went from being sad to just furious, I wanted to beat the crap out of him and I planned to when I saw him again.

Before I could say anything I felt the sudden urge to throw up and before I could get up I threw up all over the table. My father quickly jumped up and called the maid to clean up as I wiped my mouth with a napkin and rushed up the stairs.

I'd been throwing up every morning for the past two weeks and I didn't understand what was wrong with me.

"Your pregnant aren't you? I know you couldn't possible be stupid enough to have a baby with that bastard,you really are worthless" my father said leaning in the doorway of the bathroom of my bedroom with a smirk and I turned around and glared at him.

"Why must you talk to me like that? If I'm so fucking worthless than why the hell didn't you just kill me already!? I'm going through a lot right now, my boyfriend might have killed my mother and you have hated me since I've been alive, what the fuck does everyone want from me please let me know!" I screamed standing up and my father looked startled at first before walking out of the bathroom.

"Take a seat on the bed Ivory and let's talk like adults" my father said sitting and I did as told with a frown on my face.

"There's a lot of things you don't understand and you probably never will, I'm sorry for the pain I may have cause you but I have my reasons and if I really hated you I wouldn't of paid for you to go off to school and I would have killed you but I didn't" my father said with a shrug and I wiped a tear before it could fall.

"It doesn't matter I don't even want to talk about that right now, but can you tell me why your beefing with Rico and the rest of them?" I asked and my father looked at me for a moment.

"California isn't big enough for all of us, I built my empire when I was sixteen years old and I'll be damed if I let a bunch of thugs ruin that" he said with a shrug and walked out of my bedroom as I sighed.

My father hadn't been this nice to me ever and I couldn't help but feel like this was all an act, I didn't know who to trust. I felt on my sore breasts before hearing another knock on my door and sat up seeing one of the maids.