Chapter 4- The Dream

*Will*

   The suddenness of the kiss caught him off guard, he stumbled but managed to stay up.

   The kiss was quick, but not at all rushed. No one saw except for them, no one would find out, it would be their secret.

  "Wow." Will exclaimed as Lucas and him parted.

   "I know." Lucas chuckled gently.

   "Why?"

   "I don't even know." Lucas said quietly. "I mean, I guess I wanted to?" He said with a hint of question in his voice.

  "Well, then I guess I wanted to too."

  "Wanna go back to the dance?"

   "Of course," Will's face flushed and they walked in  a comfortable silence back to the gym.

*Eleven*

While Mike was getting her a drink, El looked over to the door just in time to see Will and Lucas returning.

The two looked really weird, like they were crying, blushing, and laughing at the same time.

El looked over to the refreshments table and found Mike walking back towards her.

"Mike?"

"Yeah, El?"

"Lucas and Will look strange." She said as she gestured in their direction.

  "Yeah, lets go talk to them." Eleven took his hand and started strolling towards the two.

"Hey guys!" Will said shakily.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just tired."

"I can ask Nancy to drive us home if you like?"

"Yeah, I think we could all use some rest tonight." Mike said and turned to find his sister.

"So did it happen?" El asked the two boys.

"What?" Lucas said puzzled.

"Are you two together?"

"Why would you think that?" Will said a little too loud.

*Lucas*

"Seriously guys, its kind of obvious." El said.

Will hesitated, "ummmm, were not together."

Lucas looked at him and nodded, after getting a seeing a spark in Will's eyes.

Will looks up and sees Mike with Nancy, Dustin, and Max.

"Okay guys, ready to go?"

"Yeah," they all replied.

Nancy took one quick look at Jonathan before she walked out in front of the kids.

"Am I alright to go home with you?" Will asked.

"Yeah, Jonathan said it was okay." Nancy replied as they walked to the car.

When they were in the car Nancy announced, "we get to go to a camp next weekend!"

"Huh?" Mike said to his sister.

"You know I have volunteered at a camp over the summer for the past few years?"

"Yeah."

"They let me have the one of the cabins for next weekend, it has 4 rooms, but only two will be open, so we can stay in it."

"Cool!" Max exclaimed.

———————————————

They arrived at Will's street first, because his house was the farthest away.

"Hey Nance? Can we stop here, I don't want the dog to start barking and wake up my mom, Lucas can walk with me," Will said as he packed up his stuff.

"Yeah sure, be careful."

Lucas turned the door handle and walked out into the cold winter air.
He helped Will out behind him.

"Bye guys!" Will said cheerfully as he closed the car door.

As they started walking towards Will's house, Lucas said, "what a night."

"No kidding."

   They had almost finished climbing up Will's stairs when Lucas took his hand. "Well I hope you have a good night." He spoke quietly.

   "You too." Will whispered as he leaned down and kissed Lucas on the cheek. "Good night," Will walked into his house.

   "Sleep well," Lucas called after him.

Lucas turned away, feeling warm and happy.

*Eleven*

When Mike and El got out of the car, they ran into the house really quickly.

"Brrr... it's so cold out." Mike shivered.

"Yeah." El hung her coat up and walked to the stairs. "Hurry up!"

"I have to get dressed in the basement!" Mike threw his coat on the ground and went down the stairs.

After the two got dressed in their rooms. They met up in the basement.

"Im tired," El whispered softly as she leaned her forehead on Mike's shoulder.

"Lay on the couch," Mike puts his arm around her and directs them to the couch.

Mike sat down, but El coaxed him to lay beside her.

"You know, I don't know what I would do without you," Mike said looking into her soft gaze.

At one point Mike could feel her eyelashes tickling his face.

He gave a small sigh and put his arms around her, "go to sleep now, sweetheart." He said gently into her ear.

She snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

Is this a dream? Because it feels to damn good to be true.

———————————————

Doesn't everyone just need a Mike?

I can tell y'all i damn well do.

SEASON 2 SHOOK ME
Have a great day!